Intro Dan Fogelberg(Longer)

AndyT

Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:32 am

I've been working on this one in standard tuning. Is it easier in Open G?

neverfoundthetime

Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:21 am

That is great playing again Kev and a lovely sound coming out of your plugged in Takamine.
Looking forward to this!
:-)

dsmarion

Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:36 am

Hey Kevin,

That has some nice sound happening. I am not really a Fogelberg fan but I still like to see people do stuff live - ok recorded live lol. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Scott

dekotaj

Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:16 am

Daryl-Thank you Sir.You never did get back to me on that last P.M.?I no you got a lot going right now.

Willem.Thanks friend.(Grand baby's )When my baby's have baby's those baby's will be my Grand baby's.What do you folks call Grand baby's???

Miss Ness-Thanks for the BRAVO.I got the tab from a friend of mine.I'm sure he got it from the net.I could try and mail it to ya??

M.J.Thanks Sir,Heck only got to re-tune 3 string.For a great song,come on brother.LOL I got 3 guitars makes it a lot easier.

Dave-Thank you.My take a while, put will get it done.Thank you again.

Tony,Craig-Thank you gentlemen!!

Lueders-Yes that girl is fast,hard to bet her to a good line.LOL.Yes Dan is from central Illinois.And thank you sir.

Thank you Pierre.Live long and prosper brother.

Andy-I never tried it in standard??Pretty darn EASY in open G.I can try and mail it to you if you like??

Chris-Hey Brother,You no it will be coming when I get it done.I think you so much for doing it.THANK YOU!!

Scott-Hey bro.Great to have a new kid on the block.LOL.Love the work you have put up.New guys have to post twice as many post to catch up you no.Thank Scott for watching.

Kevin

sbutler

Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:07 pm

andyt wrote:
I've been working on this one in standard tuning. Is it easier in Open G?
Well Andy, lets hear your version in standard tuning and let us decide if its easier. ;)

Honestly though, Kevin, that is an amazing start to what I think may have been Dans best. Keep em coming. Looking forward to the rest of the song.

Scott

AndyT

Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:25 am

It's a finger twister in standard. I'd love to see the open G version.
I'll PM you my email.

Yamaha48

Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:45 am

Hello my friend Kevin.

Good to see this video from you.
Sounds realy good to my ears.
The Takamine gitar sounds also good.
Witch type is it?.
You sit there very relax.
Thanks for sharing.

cheers.......from Holland

jayswett

Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:20 am

While that guitar is in Open G tuning, you should take a look at Circle Game.

Nice job on this intro.

Lavallee

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:45 am

Hi Kevin, very well played. I like the slow tempo of the intro giving the time to let ring every note.

Very nice

Marc

Regarding the mov file, maybe it is just for the busking because that is what I use and there is no problem with the lesson uploads

dennisg

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:10 pm

Kevin,

In a decade that many people deride as having not produced much good music, Dan Fogelberg was a shining light. "Longer" is just a gorgeous song, and you played the intro absolutely beautifully. I can't wait to hear the rest of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic