Intro Dan Fogelberg(Longer)

Music Junkie

Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:37 pm

Wów gals and guys! :blush: :woohoo:

Michele: OMG! :ohmy: Gósh woman, you just leave me speechless..... :blush: :blush: :blush: Well I trúly appreciate your more than detailed comment on what it is you like specifically....and....WÓW! You blew me away!.......you're the sweetest..... :woohoo: :kiss: !

Scott: Haha, indeed it was definitely due to Handsome right next to me! :laugh: But really, I hear you Scott, so happy to hear that you've enjoyed it, really appreciate you dropping by, thank you so much! :cheer:

Dsmarion: Hey Scott, thank you very much! In honest, I think this is the only DF-song I know and always liked. Really great to hear that you loved it! :cheer:
As for your questions, I am indeed able to 'sight read' tab and/or music and just play what I read, wich i did during the solo. I do like to play by heart though, so for that I do try to memorize asap.
The right hand, thank you for your compliment on that! Well, i read you saying to Jim (Jimlard) that the ones who make it look easy have been doing it for a long time. Well that certainly goes for me. As a kid, my father drove me nuts with all his fingerpicking-excercises, am very gratefull now though! :P So for that it's really natural to me. And I know, excercises are boring, but when doing so, évery day for a while, just focussing on the right hand, just playing open strings (Em), when watching tv, when talking or whatever, your progress will be major, really!
How long.....hmmm....uh.....the playing itself......uh....well I'm embarrassed to give you a straight answer, since it really didn't take long, wich is logical since I've been playing the guitar for so long......but I'm prétty sure that you won't need to multiply it by a gazillion to get it down as well! ;) Anyway, again, thank you very much Scott, really appreciate it!

Suzi: Heeeey Sue! Making me smile big and blush again eh??!! :cheer: :blush: Well I'm also very flattered that despite the fact that this song ain't your favorite, that you obviously still enjoyed it, including expressions and all! :P Thank you so much sweetie, just love your comment! :kiss:

Ness

cosmicmechanic

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:15 pm

Vanessa,

I think this video is going to make me wear out the "Replay" button in the YouTube player ! :silly:

Pierre

haoli25

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:35 pm

Nessa,

WOW....and WOW again. I want to buy your 'Greatest Hits' DVD.

Bill Image

Lavallee

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:42 pm

Vanessa, all your videos are good, but this one is a little special because it is the first time that I notice (or pay attention) the benefits of holding the last note of the chord longer. It really link everything together and make it sound so fluid. Neil mentioned it many times but I do not listen very well all the time but I really noticed it here.

Thanks

Marc

dekotaj

Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:19 am

Hey Ness-Just got done watching your song again & again.And why not put this up for review.Then I's up on U-Tube for more folks to see.

dsmarion

Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:43 pm

Pierre: You're so sweet :blush: , thanks!! :cheer:

Bill: Aaaah, thanks for the aplause Bill :silly: , ánd the WOW's! :P

Marc: Yeah, I know what you mean, the benefits of holding the last note of the chord longer, I find it more than very important. It makes a huge difference in how the playing will sound. Glad to hear that it was obvious to you, thanks Marc!

Kevin: Hey Kev', still very happy to hear that you liked it! :) For review...hmmm...uh well this was a tryout-video with me blah blah about my dog B), classical guitar, not knowing the song by heart already.....and a song that I got down pretty quickly...it felt too easy to put it up for review, but even more so because the video was for you! So actually I'm dieing to see you play it, since you intend to! ;)

Thanks so much guys!

Ness

jayswett

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Mind boggling, that video. I am not worthy!

Chasplaya

Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:33 pm

Kevin I got here too late and missed your intro to what is one of my favourite songs. Glad you put it up though as Ness might not have taken up the challenge, didn't she do well as always :) I try to play this on my resonator which is almost always in open G but given its action is set up high for slide its a real workout even in G

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic