Working on this wonderful song...

Craig

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:12 am

Chris,
I'm in the majority here with this one. I don't recognize the tune. The intro is beautifu. Your 12 string sounds awesome. Can't wait to hear the finished product. Keep working!!!
Thanks for sharing with us!
Craig

tovo

Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:23 pm

Wouldn't have a clue but sounds very nice indeed. Look forward to the finished product.

ncsurfer

Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:34 pm

Very promising start Chris, can't wait to hear the rest of it and of course to hear you sing it!! :)

Ness

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:50 am

Thanks for listening in guys (and girls). I videoed the full monty last night but I am having major problems with the conversion.
I'm using the Kodak Zi8 which dilivers a .mov file. But this keeps crashing my AVS Video Maker 4.
Anyone who is using the Kodak have any tips for me.
What do you do with your camera file... down load to your computer for editing or strait to youtube or Tg?
Which format size do you use to get your best results... Suzie, yours always looks so clear.
I will re-do the whole thing and try again tonight.

dsmarion

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:40 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Thanks for listening in guys (and girls). I videoed the full monty last night but I am having major problems with the conversion.
I'm using the Kodak Zi8 which dilivers a .mov file. But this keeps crashing my AVS Video Maker 4.
What do you do with your camera file... down load to your computer for editing or strait to youtube or Tg?
Which format size do you use to get your best results... Suzie, yours always looks so clear.
This won't really help you with th Kodak Zi8 but I thought I would mention it. When I went to buy a camera recently I got the Kodak PlayTouch which is basically the new replacement for the Zi8 which is no longer made (the PlayTouch is also designated as a Zi10). I have only used it a couple times and am away from my computer but I think it sends to the computer in .mpeg format. But I am also in Windows Vista so the software download for the Kodak may be different on the PC as well. Anyway I had no trouble getting the video on the computer and into AVS.

Scott

willem

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:09 am

I used the kodak a view times and downloaded .mov just to my computer and then in AVS but when trying to import in AVS and put on the time/line and somthing said CACHEN,,you see that with a yellow line in your imported vid that is on the project box,,,don't disconnect your kodak till this done,,,hope it made some since or maybe you know this,,don't know really,,so i did this...connect kodak with computer,,download your file,,import your file in AVS,,put it on the time line and wait till everthing is done with CACHEN and then disconnect the kodak from your computer or leave it there and do your editing after CACHEN..

LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR PRODUCTION AND MAYBE YOU CAN ALSO DO THE DONOVAN TUNE ''COULORS''

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:56 pm

Thanks Willem.
Yes, the Cashing takes time... problem is last few times my computer crashed before it finished cashing!
I've tried filming with a lower setting 720p this time... fingers crossed... maybe it heps... working on it right now....

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:58 pm

Thanks Scott!
I'm using vista too and it transfers the file on to the computer as a .mov.
I'm trying this work around by recording with less quality (still good) to lower the megabites.
So far so good.
Thanks for responding, I appreciate the help!
Chris

dsmarion wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
This won't really help you with th Kodak Zi8 but I thought I would mention it. When I went to buy a camera recently I got the Kodak PlayTouch which is basically the new replacement for the Zi8 which is no longer made (the PlayTouch is also designated as a Zi10). I have only used it a couple times and am away from my computer but I think it sends to the computer in .mpeg format. But I am also in Windows Vista so the software download for the Kodak may be different on the PC as well. Anyway I had no trouble getting the video on the computer and into AVS.

Scott

Music Junkie

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Chris:

Divx Plus is a pretty solid converter. I have done some of the videos of my boys in their plays and competitions with it and it seems to keep the integrity well enough. The big trick is to keep the sync right and not lose all of the A/V quality. I also have a Zi8 and Divx Plus accepts the .mov files for me. Not free though (at least I don't think it is).

Sorry I can't be of more help. I don't post enough clips here at TG to have a reference to go by...... :unsure:

MJ

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Eurika! :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic