ORIGINAL SONG

buddy

Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:54 pm

My friend Steve wrote this song for his wife and asked me to record it for him. I did not quite know where to post it up. Steve is going to add a drum track to this as well. Let me know what you think.

The song is called "The Little Things"

tombo1230

Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi Buddy, your friend Steve has written a very sweet song for his good lady and I applaud him for that and you sang and performed it really well as usual.

Just one thing struck me a little and I'm no expert, but I think one way to improve this song would be to let it breathe a little, especially as it's a mellow slow tune. I felt the words, especially in the first two thirds of the song were squeezed in a little. Personally I would space things a little by adding an extra bar here and there just as I said, to let it breathe a little, otherwise one sentence rolls right on into the other. Maybe make the sentences less wordy would be another option. That's the end of my suggestions. I like the tune very much. good job! I look forward to hearing it with drums if you post it again. :)

Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:48 am

Hi Buddy, very nice interpretation of your friend's song and you bring a lot to to it for sure.
I like Tom's comment ...so much of the song flows very nicely and then some of the words are cuing up in the traffic.
Nicely sung and played my friend.

coomba

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:06 pm

G'day Buddy , No suggestions from me I'm not qualified, just wanted to tell you I liked it, nice tune and you sing and play it great.
Cheers
Scott

BobR

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi Buddy,

Nicely played and sung (which I have come to expect from you :laugh:) and a nice song. I would, however agree with Tom and Chris. There are parts that seem to have a lot of words you're trying to fit in that you have to rush.

Thanks for the preview. I'd like to hear it again with the drum track.
Bob

lueders

Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:44 pm

Bud, I couldn't watch your bid. :(
has the site been down?

buddy

Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:59 pm

Lueders, It should be working now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic