Genius talk,,I got an idea to work on

reiver

Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:37 pm

I think that one of the problems is that there are 3 minor scales in Em; the natural minor, melodic minor and harmonic minor. E natural minor will have the same notes as the G scale, E harmonic minor will have a D# and the melodic minor changes depending on whether you're ascending or descending. This will make transposing the melody notes difficult to do on paper.

Stuart

willem

Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:44 pm

reiver wrote:
I think that one of the problems is that there are 3 minor scales in Em; the natural minor, melodic minor and harmonic minor. E natural minor will have the same notes as the G scale, E harmonic minor will have a D# and the melodic minor changes depending on whether you're ascending or descending. This will make transposing the melody notes difficult to do on paper.

Stuart

the natural..

willem

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:12 pm

the song is the most easy one there is they say

willem

The suspense is killing me!! What's the song? Wait! Don't tell me! If I strum it in 4/4 with a simple up/down, will I hear it?

Sam

willem

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:26 pm

TwoCatSam wrote:
the song is the most easy one there is they say

willem

The suspense is killing me!! What's the song? Wait! Don't tell me! If I strum it in 4/4 with a simple up/down, will I hear it?

Sam

SAM,It could be,,but then do it in D....emphase the first beat then dududu.(oh an light dynamic on three).if you search for the first melody note focus on the fifth note in the chord..would you tell me??

lueders

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:54 pm

Willem here is the natural E minor scale

1st – E
2nd – F#/Gb
3rd – G
4th – A
5th – B
6th – C
7th – D

Are you thinking of an E major scale? There IS a C in the E minor scale. Also in the progression you are gong from an Em chord to an A minor chord. The melody note over the E minor is a B note which happens to be the fifth of the E minor chord. Then when you go to the A minor chord you are supposed to be playing the third of A minor. So that makes that melody note a C.

This is the equivalent to the key of G where you played DDD notes which is the fifth of G and then went to a C chord and played an E which is the third of the C chord.

Pretty sure that is correct Willem...Play it and see if it works.

Catman

Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Pfffff......my head hurts reading this thread... :S :blink: :huh:

Good luck Willem :)

RicksPick

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:33 pm

willem

It's supper time in my neck of the woods, but I'm going to work on this as soon as I get home.

I don't understand, but if I did it wouldn't be a challenge.

I need a break from hammer ons anyway.

Sam

lueders

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Alright, read your original question and for that Cori's last reply is right....

So, does it help? how does it sound?

lueders

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:41 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Alright, read your original question and for that Cori's last reply is right....

So, does it help? how does it sound?
Thanks Vanessa, great to know you're around to clarify & help out with such matters. Please don't ever go anywhere!! :) :)

Good Luck with the rest of this Willem!

thereshopeyet

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:56 pm

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic