Ralph McTell Streets of London

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Well that was just great as usual Kev. Thanks for that.
Really bummed out to see you go. We've shared some great collaborations and you've often taken the initiative to get songs done and that's a big part of why I like being here. Still, we have You Tube, email addresses and a lot of playing years left in us yet so I'll just say adios amigo for now and see you later!

cosmicmechanic

Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Kevin, that was a double whammy ...
Firstly, it's always been a real kick seeing your videos and reading your posts.
You were already a very good player as far back as I remember, and I think that your performing has progressed a lot.

Secondly, this song: I've been working at it myself for over two years now, and it's just starting to gel to my satisfaction.
So I appreciate how you cut it to the bare bones and made it your own, good inspiration there.

I sure hope you will still pop in here, regardless ...

Pierre

Craig

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:37 am

Kevin,
Graet fingerpicking on "Streets of London", very well done. Thank you so much for all of your support and encouragement, it has meant a lot to me. I hope we cross paths again someday.

Take care, your TG friend,

Craig

jimbo58

Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:00 am

well done with Streets of London, some great fingerpicking.

Its always sad to see someone go and it's people like you that make TG so good, but I along with all the other messages here I wish you the very best.

Jim

dennisg

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:37 pm

What the heck, Kev? You're a big part of why I still find the forum a good place to be, and you're going to be hugely missed around here. But I wish you the best of luck in whatever direction life takes you, and I hope you stop by from time to time to say hi.

suziko

Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:09 pm

Like everyone above me, I am really sad to hear that you are leaving TG, Kevin! You've been such a positive presence here on the site, always ready with a kind word or some encouragment for your fellow guiarists. Your skill as both a singer and a guitarist is inspiring to me, too. I will think of you whenever I play Hey Good Lookin', which you motivated me to learn. I sure hope you come back!

Suzi

tovo

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:52 pm

Nice work Kevin, you have a great take on a beautiful tune. All the best mate hope you continue to enjoy your playing.

lueders

Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Kevin, BRAVO!! Salute!...excellent performance as we have seen from you so many times before.

:( :( Seriously, quite sad to see you go. But I do understand....sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

Like others have said...I hope this won't be the last time our paths cross.

thereshopeyet

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:54 pm

Thanks

RicksPick

Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:53 am

Such a shame Kevin
All the best for the future

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic