How Music Works

beaker

Sun May 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Hey TG'ers.
I am not sure if this has been posted before, but it is a really good, educational documentary. Many of us who have been learning with TG for a while might find a lot of this information old news, but at the same time, I think there is something for everyone to pick up out of this. I hope you enjoy it and have time to watch some, or all of it. Beaker.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/how-music-works/

neverfoundthetime

Sun May 27, 2012 6:43 pm

Great link Beaker, thanks! Very informative and watchable.

jayswett

Mon May 28, 2012 6:34 am

Nice, Beaker. It looks like a three hour documentary, and well worth the time, in my opinion. I will add this site to my list of favorites and watch them over time.

Hydroman52

Mon May 28, 2012 11:29 am

Good find! Thanks.

Lavallee

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:16 am

Thank you Beaker this is a great find. I just watched it and found it very informative. Howard Goodall is very entertaining in this excellent coverage of what music is made of. Being into my beginning of learning theory, I found the presentation to be very well structured giving the main aspects without going too deep making difficult to follow.

I recommend it to anybody who likes music. Improving though understanding.

Marc

mithcd

Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:07 am

Nice one. I like this line from that link.
Melody – In this film composer Howard Goodall looks at melody’s basic elements. Why are some melodic shapes common to all cultures across the world? Can successful melodies be written at random? If not, what are the familiar melodic patterns composers of all types of music have fallen back on again and again, and why do they work?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic