Guitar, Cajon and Tambourine.

tombo1230

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:15 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
You're very welcome Willem, I indeed just LOVE this mini-concert, soooooo COOL!! B) :cheer:
willem wrote:

WOW,,thanks Ness,,never seen this,,''kippevel'' again''
Thanks for posting this very cool concert Ness.

Willem, what's a Kippevel? :unsure:

Tom N.

dennisg

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:37 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
This is such a great song, hard to sing, musically it has a tricky bit in it, so you definitely need to stretch in a couple of ways Buddy! :P

So what do I think :) .....:

Adding the cajon and tambourine is of course really great, the song is really based on rhythm! ;)

And Willem is right, the pitch in the chorus isn't quite right. It's indeed a stretch! :S Lower it a half step and you should be fine.

Musically, actually....for example, most of the chordchanges in the verses are on the 'and' of 1, so nót on the first beat. You can play it as you do, it's fine, many people do, but it would be really cool to add it since it really is recorded that way, I think it's pretty cool and way more interesting and of course accurate! B)

Also, it would be cool to play the song with powerchords. The link above is of a very small performance of this song, starting at 10.11, you can hear and see the guitarplayer very well in that. Check it out, it's really a very great mini-concert!

Other than that, since this isn't just audio, but also video, I would soooooooo much like you to actually 'perform' a song, instead of standing sideways, staring at, I suppose, the lyrics. It's like watching a robot, with little movements with two hands. Again if this is just audio, who cares, but there ís an audience watching too......I'm only mentioning this, since you've come a long way Buddy, you're só into singing, playing, recording, you got a lot to share, which you do. You have tons of videos on your channel, so improvement in that direction would be a good one and also one that you should be able to handle by now. I know you áre always looking for improvement......so.....anyway, I mean well by it...

So, that's what I think... :P

cheers!

Ness

Buddy,

Really a good effort, and I love Ness's comments about pitch and the very unusual rhythm of the song. I had never before noticed that the chord changes occurred between the beats until I read her comment and watched the video -- but, sure enough, there they were.

I hope you don't mind me saying this in your thread: I absolutely adore Adele, both as a singer and as a person. I've seen a dozen or more interviews with her and watched her on the Graham Norton Show (on BBC America), and she's the most unpretentious pop star I've ever seen, just happy to be where she is and feeling very lucky. I also love the disparity between her soulful singing voice and her low-rent London accent, especially when that cackle erupts from her. And doesn't that guitarist get some great tone out of that sunburst Taylor 814! Thanks, Ness, for posting this.

buddy

Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:16 pm

Dennis, Good thoughts on this. I was going more for a cross between Adele and Johnny Cash on this. It is a new style of music called Cadele, LOL

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic