Guitar, Cajon and Tambourine.

buddy

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:49 pm

I had some fun recording a number of tracks for this song and added some percussion with the Cajon and some rhythm with the tambourine. Let me know what you think, does it need some cowbell as well.

Bud

cosmicmechanic

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:18 am

Hi Buddy, very nicely done. May I suggest that you could add a lot to this by varying your strumming.

You do hit mostly down-strokes, but there is probably a whole lot of opportunity for scrubbing the strings at the right time, and all kinds of variants.

That's the little bit missing (for me, back-seat driver) to your swell performance.

Thanks !
Pierre

willem

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:34 am

''Let me know what you think'',, I think this is a great way to perform,,not more not less,,,you have only some work on the high singin notes were you are a bit beneath it,not from above. at the end you got it,,just great Buddy..

W.

daryl

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:25 am

Good job Buddy. This would be a good time to try multi-tracking the video pieces as well. And I would try adding the cowbell. Something like "ONE two THREE four AND" and maybe "ONE TWO THREE FOUR" in the chorus.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:41 am

That was really entertaining Buddy, its a great song for you to let rip on, fun to listen to. Good mix.
As to the cow bell suggestion.... this is COW BELL:

willem

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:49 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
That was really entertaining Buddy, its a great song for you to let rip on, fun to listen to. Good mix.
As to the cow bell suggestion.... this is COW BELL:

yes more COW BELL

tom18

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:55 am

This is such a great song, hard to sing, musically it has a tricky bit in it, so you definitely need to stretch in a couple of ways Buddy! :P

So what do I think :) .....:

Adding the cajon and tambourine is of course really great, the song is really based on rhythm! ;)

And Willem is right, the pitch in the chorus isn't quite right. It's indeed a stretch! :S Lower it a half step and you should be fine.

Musically, actually....for example, most of the chordchanges in the verses are on the 'and' of 1, so nót on the first beat. You can play it as you do, it's fine, many people do, but it would be really cool to add it since it really is recorded that way, I think it's pretty cool and way more interesting and of course accurate! B)

Also, it would be cool to play the song with powerchords. The link above is of a very small performance of this song, starting at 10.11, you can hear and see the guitarplayer very well in that. Check it out, it's really a very great mini-concert!

Other than that, since this isn't just audio, but also video, I would soooooooo much like you to actually 'perform' a song, instead of standing sideways, staring at, I suppose, the lyrics. It's like watching a robot, with little movements with two hands. Again if this is just audio, who cares, but there ís an audience watching too......I'm only mentioning this, since you've come a long way Buddy, you're só into singing, playing, recording, you got a lot to share, which you do. You have tons of videos on your channel, so improvement in that direction would be a good one and also one that you should be able to handle by now. I know you áre always looking for improvement......so.....anyway, I mean well by it...

So, that's what I think... :P

cheers!

Ness

willem

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:15 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
This is such a great song, hard to sing, musically it has a tricky bit in it, so you definitely need to stretch in a couple of ways Buddy! :P

So what do I think :) .....:

Adding the cajon and tambourine is of course really great, the song is really based on rhythm! ;)

And Willem is right, the pitch in the chorus isn't quite right. It's indeed a stretch! :S Lower it a half step and you should be fine.

Musically, actually....for example, most of the chordchanges in the verses are on the 'and' of 1, so nót on the first beat. You can play it as you do, it's fine, many people do, but it would be really cool to add it since it really is recorded that way, I think it's pretty cool and way more interesting and of course accurate! B)

Also, it would be cool to play the song with powerchords. The link above is of a very small performance of this song, starting at 10.11, you can hear and see the guitarplayer very well in that. Check it out, it's really a very great mini-concert!

Other than that, since this isn't just audio, but also video, I would soooooooo much like you to actually 'perform' a song, instead of standing sideways, staring at, I suppose, the lyrics. It's like watching a robot, with little movements with two hands. Again if this is just audio, who cares, but there ís an audience watching too......I'm only mentioning this, since you've come a long way Buddy, you're só into singing, playing, recording, you got a lot to share, which you do. You have tons of videos on your channel, so improvement in that direction would be a good one and also one that you should be able to handle by now. I know you áre always looking for improvement......so.....anyway, I mean well by it...

So, that's what I think... :P

cheers!

Ness

WOW,,thanks Ness,,never seen this,,''kippevel'' again''

Music Junkie

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:05 am

You're very welcome Willem, I indeed just LOVE this mini-concert, soooooo COOL!! B) :cheer:
willem wrote:

WOW,,thanks Ness,,never seen this,,''kippevel'' again''

buddy

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:22 am

Thanks everybody for the constructive feedback on this tune. Chris, I need to get me some of those cowbells !

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic