How many of you read music?

unclewalt

Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:19 pm

Indeed, I certainly will look at the lessons when they post, and might even dig into them to some degree. I just don't think I'm going to go all out in trying to learn to read music.

I have occasionally referred to the notation on Neil's (and some other) tabs, for things like trying to figure out rhythm (without having to go back and listen or watch a video), or reminding myself of a key signature. I have a rudimentary understanding of music notation that is sometimes helpful.

RicksPick

Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:47 pm

What have you done Michelle!!!

I'm traumatized,, hiding under my desk

I checked out Mr. Squiggle

RRicksPPick

michelew

Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:47 pm

RicksPick wrote:
What have you done Michelle!!!

I'm traumatized,, hiding under my desk

I checked out Mr. Squiggle

RRicksPPick

Haha!! :P oops ... I mean I'm soooooo sorry Rick. :( :) :( :P that's terrible. But, he really is a very sweet fellow. I tell you what, if Neil's music reading lessons don't work out for you, let me know and I'll send Mr Squiggle around to connect the dots and show you the big picture. You'll see, he's really a very polite and helpful little chappy.

Yes, I wonder how many kids were traumatized by seeing a critter with a pencil nose. Me, I though he was cool and very clever.

:) :) :)

Shel

cosmicmechanic

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:42 pm

Reading music ? That would have been quite useful to me just recently, when my mp3 player stopped working.

Also, sometimes I misplace my ear-buds, so there's some extra motivation again !

Pierre

heyjoe

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:48 pm

neverfoundthetime said
I am able to play chess and speak 2 other languages
Hi Chris , I'm confused( you know that already though :cheer: ), is this something you like to do, or have to do when playing chess?

Or is it because the white pieces speak one language and the black pieces another, or is the board talking to you?

I'm with Tony on the reading music thing, squiggles are scary, they move around and change when you least expect it, like a pair of rogue pants.

okay, time for my medication.

Joe

tacticaltal

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:50 am

heyjoe wrote:
neverfoundthetime said
I am able to play chess and speak 2 other languages
Hi Chris , I'm confused( you know that already though :cheer: ), is this something you like to do, or have to do when playing chess?

Or is it because the white pieces speak one language and the black pieces another, or is the board talking to you?

I'm with Tony on the reading music thing, squiggles are scary, they move around and change when you least expect it, like a pair of rogue pants.

okay, time for my medication.

Joe
Yes, Chess causes brain damage, I am sure of it. I had to give up playing chess competitively due to realizing that, while playing, I was having conversations with myself in several different languages, some of which I couldn't understand. :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic