AcousticAl's Excellent Jam Adventures!

AcousticAl

Thu May 02, 2013 10:17 am

Hey TG Peeps!

You may remember I've written somewhere else on here about replying to a Craigslist ad about jamming.. In my first post, I described finding a group of guys nearby and jamming with them in their garage. They're good guys, and we're still getting together regularly.
BUT, they like it LOUD and HEAVY, and as you know, I also have a softer side :laugh:

So I went back to Craigslist to see who else was out there just playing acoustic..

Allow me to introduce Don!!
Don and I hit it off right away, and have very similar taste in acoustic music. I'm attaching a clip of us playing "Take It to the Limit". I think this is only the 3rd time we've played together.

There's talk of an open mic in our future.. Might be able to scratch that off my bucket-list soon!

Cheers!

daryl

Thu May 02, 2013 10:30 am

Fantastic! Congratulations on finding a musical partner (Hi Don). Looking forward to many updates from you two (please).

willem

Thu May 02, 2013 10:36 am

Man and man,that was super,,Al I think you found your guy,,,I love the soft side,,

What is that fancy stuff on the background?? a sound unit I guess..

Super..

Willem

BobR

Thu May 02, 2013 11:29 am

Hi Al and Don,

That was fabulous. You should definitely do the open mic.

Nice to see what you've been up to :)

Bob

Music Junkie

Thu May 02, 2013 11:31 am

Al (and Don):

That was very cool. Glad you were able to get together. I am looking forward to being able to play with others fairly soon as well. I know it is a great way to improve, and to just meet new folks that you already have something in common with. Hopefully this will become something regular for you guys and you can get some great enjoyment out of it. Excellent choice of songs too, by the way. Always love an Eagles song.... B)

P.S. Al: That guitar on EBay sold. I talked to the guy and he was very nice. Did not have much info, so I passed. However, my G.A.S. got the best of me and I will talk to you about it again in 6-8weeks. Hint, hint.... ;)

Jason

lueders

Thu May 02, 2013 11:35 am

Sounded Really Good!! :) :)

Glad you found your Ted! (Don)

I'd say you're open mic ready, already.
Keep us posted on how it goes.

neverfoundthetime

Thu May 02, 2013 1:23 pm

Nice work Al and Don! Al, you're really sounding more and more Paul Simon-ish as you progress.
That's a compliment, of course!

Craig

Thu May 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Very enjoyable! Congrats on finding someone to play with. Open mic? Would say you two could play a set and get paid!!!
Nice work.

Craig

AcousticAl

Thu May 02, 2013 3:45 pm

thanks for checking it out and commenting. Don was brave to let me upload it even though he knows nothing of TG- but I told him the deal and that all's good here.
I'm about to copy this link and send it to him.

Daryl- I'm sure we'll record a few more in the near future.
I'll also try to record something with the other group I play with to give you a taste of what that's like as well.

Willem- We recorded this at Don's work/industrial unit. He's got a nice practice space set up with mics, a mixer, speakers etc.
The stuff behind us is a different unit. Probably the cleaning crew wondering what the racket was!!

Bob- Glad you liked it.

MJ- I totally recommend playing with others. Opens up new songs, ideas and pushes your skills to a new level.
Also- congrats on your almost-acquisition!! Looking forward to the video of that!

Cori- I knew I could count on you to get the joke/title.

Chris- I'm hearing that more and more about Paul Simon. I never heard it before, but whatchagonnado?

Craig- Gettin' paid? Might be pushing it- but thanks for the comment.

Hydroman52

Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
We recorded this at Don's work/industrial unit.
I thought being in a "garage band" was cool, but being in a "work/industrial unit band" is light years beyond that! Good to see you guys getting along and having a great time with this. Updates on your open mics and gigs, please.

Hydroman52

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic