Surviving in The Chord Jungle

neverfoundthetime

Wed May 29, 2013 3:47 am

I am sure you will put your best leg on this
-Willem
I certainly will put my best foot forward Willem :laugh: ... with your permission, I'm going to adopt your phrase above and add it to "both thumbs pointing skywards", a Dutch influence at TG which is now crowned by Vanessa's promotion to TG Teacher! :) . And in case anyone gets the wrong idea, I think the improvements you have made in your use of English equal that of your improvements in your playing. Over 6000 post by now, you are one of the pillars which holds up the community Willem! Good for you!

willem

Wed May 29, 2013 4:07 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I am sure you will put your best leg on this
-Willem
I certainly will put my best foot forward Willem :laugh: ... with your permission, I'm going to adopt your phrase above and add it to "both thumbs pointing skywards", a Dutch influence at TG which is now crowned by Vanessa's promotion to TG Teacher! :) . And in case anyone gets the wrong idea, I think the improvements you have made in your use of English equal that of your improvements in your playing. Over 6000 post by now, you are one of the pillars which holds up the community Willem! Good for you!

Pfffff,,thx Chris :blush: :blush: B) best foot for he,,in the Dutch we use our leg,,don't forget '''kippevel''..hope you give it to us with that moody song..

Willem

neverfoundthetime

Wed May 29, 2013 6:40 am

Yeah, that's what I like about the Dutch Willem, they don't mess around but put the whole leg into it! ;-). I will certainly try to give you a bit of Kippevel whith this song :-).

Here are the correct lyrics and chords so far: Image

thereshopeyet

Wed May 29, 2013 6:44 am

Willem Wrote:
.......hope you give it to us with that moody song
Chris
I've been following this adventure, it's been interesting, will you upload a video of your progress with the song?

Chris Wrote:
Willem, you are one of the pillars which holds up the community Willem! Good for you!
Willem, cut your hair..... you know what happened when Samson brought the pillars down !!!!!

Long Live Totally Guitars

willem

Wed May 29, 2013 6:52 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
Willem Wrote:
.......hope you give it to us with that moody song
Chris
I've been following this adventure, it's been interesting, will you upload a video of your progress with the song?

Chris Wrote:
Willem, you are one of the pillars which holds up the community Willem! Good for you!
Willem, cut your hair..... you know what happened when Samson brought the pillars down !!!!!

Long Live Totally Guitars
ahah,oh I sure must do an hair cut,,very short again cos the sun arived..mmm it was only for two days,,,snif... but I listen Dermot..

issaquahbob

Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:43 am

So Neil says an E/A instead of an Amaj7sus2.....! :)

Well I'd say......hmmm....haha :laugh: ! Well the chord is the right one, that's great! :cheer: And I take Neil's word over anyone elses! ;)

TGNeil

Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:04 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
So Neil says an E/A instead of an Amaj7sus2.....! :)

Well I'd say......hmmm....haha :laugh: ! Well the chord is the right one, that's great! :cheer: And I take Neil's word over anyone elses! ;)
There really is no best answer here as both names lead you to the same set of notes, and although A7sus4 is a common guitar chord, A7sus2 is less common, and Amaj7sus2 even less. My thought was just that E/A leads you to figure out a simple voicing, which is what most singer/songwriters try to use.

Neil

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:54 pm

After going through that list of 140 A-Chord variations, I'm not surprised that this lovely chord can have a simpler name. I like simple... makes me feel I can handle it! :-) Thanks Neil and Ness.

Dermot, I will be publishing when I have something.... maybe I can deliver things step for step as it progresses, we'll see. Been busy last few days so no great developments but it is taking shape.
Watch this space...

thereshopeyet

Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:12 pm

Chris

Something to look forward too, great.
I' was working through Question for a while but it needs a lot of work.
It's tough strumming fast and keeping it going.

Dermot

:)

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:55 pm

Question is worth it. Apart from the fast strum part its not difficult... and the fast strum can be done with half as many strokes so its not that difficult... and the slow part is really nice to do. Keep at it
Dermot!

thereshopeyet wrote:
Chris

Something to look forward too, great.
I' was working through Question for a while but it needs a lot of work.
It's tough strumming fast and keeping it going.

Dermot

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic