Surviving in The Chord Jungle

suziko

Mon May 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Aaaah finding a happy Chris makes me happy! :)

Now promise to upload once figured out! ;) :P

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 27, 2013 3:37 pm

Promised! :-)

nesh16041972 wrote:
Aaaah finding a happy Chris makes me happy! :)

Now promise to upload once figured out! ;) :P

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 27, 2013 3:50 pm

Another thing:

'When you wake up, you will find etc.'

the first F#m should be a C#m, and the Bm should be an Em.

Summary:

C#m D A G

F#m Em A

The other E's should be minors as well.

:)

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 27, 2013 4:17 pm

Brilliant, thanks, you are exactly right again Vanessa.... that C sharp minor was completely eluding me. Daryl detected the Em even though I felt sure it was major. Many thanks Daryl and Ness for taking the time to help me through on this... its a real joy to have such competent and willing help available to me as I tackle the song. Big smiles all round! :) :) :)

daryl

Mon May 27, 2013 4:59 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Another thing:

Summary:

C#m D A G

F#m Em A

Yep. You're right Vanessa. C#m (C# E G#) sounds way better. My F#m (F# A C#) not so much. And the Em (E G B ) is way better than my Bm (B D F#). It's funny (in a sad sort of way) just how bad my ear is. At least I knew they were minor sounds! :-(

Do you think the A (after the Em) might be an A7?

lueders

Mon May 27, 2013 6:10 pm

Vanessa and Daryl save the day in the clutch. Lol! Who would of guessed.
Way to go you two!! :) :) You two just doin your thing...I love it.

cosmicmechanic

Tue May 28, 2013 5:34 am

Yes, I do think it's an A7, not immediately, but more when the lead goes up (like one measure A, then one measure A7), i think the melody crosses that dominant 7th as well (haven't tried though). And it's the fifth-chord in this key, A7 should be safe!;)

daryl wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
Another thing:

Summary:

C#m D A G

F#m Em A

Yep. You're right Vanessa. C#m (C# E G#) sounds way better. My F#m (F# A C#) not so much. And the Em (E G B ) is way better than my Bm (B D F#). It's funny (in a sad sort of way) just how bad my ear is. At least I knew they were minor sounds! :-(

Do you think the A (after the Em) might be an A7?

jim56

Tue May 28, 2013 5:43 am

A few other things.....:

During the 'aaah's', the D remains in the bass. The G chord should be another one, not sure which one yet (I'll get there). then the A-chord (yes with a D in the bass), it's actually an Am!

You can hear it even better at the end, listen to the piano for instance. I'm quite positive that the leadguitars don't hit an C#, but a C when playing those melodys.

There is a lót going on in this song, lots of voices, guitars and melodys! :S :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Tue May 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Well I'm just as happy as a pig in a poke for all of this assistance and guidance and inspiration coming back from you all and... especially from our new TG teacher, Vanessa! I'm so glad I shared this and so glad you all could appreciate this wonderful song which has been in ears and soul for 37 years now... so finally getting to grips with it is a blast. I'm happy to hear that its not as straightforward to de-construct this song as it could have been... makes me feel less dense!!

I will certainly record this and put my best effort together to honour the help I've been getting!

willem

Tue May 28, 2013 2:23 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Well I'm just as happy as a pig in a poke for all of this assistance and guidance and inspiration coming back from you all and... especially from our new TG teacher, Vanessa! I'm so glad I shared this and so glad you all could appreciate this wonderful song which has been in ears and soul for 37 years now... so finally getting to grips with it is a blast. I'm happy to hear that its not as straightforward to de-construct this song as it could have been... makes me feel less dense!!

I will certainly record this and put my best effort together to honour the help I've been getting!

Waiting...I am sure you will put your best leg on this,,to honour such great people,,looking forward to it and will enjoy for sure..

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic