JIM CROCE

dekotaj

Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:40 pm

Lovers cross

intro verse chores outro.

Sorry about the singing. Helps keep me in time????

Guess that it was bound to happen
Was just a matter of time
But now I've come to my decision
And it's a-one of the painful kind
'Cause now it seems that you wanted a martyr
Just a regular guy wouldn't do
But baby I can't hang upon no lover's cross for you

Yes, I really got to hand it to you
'Cause girl you really tried
But for ev'ry time that we spent laughin'
There were two times that I cried
And you were tryin' to make me your martyr
And that's the one thing I just couldn't do
'Cause baby, I can't hang upon no lover's cross for you

'Cause tables are meant for turnin'
And people are bound to change
And bridges are meant for burnin'
When the people and mem'ries they join aren't the same

So I'll hope that you can find
Another who can take what I could not
He'll have to be a super guy
Or maybe a super god
'Cause I never was much of a martyr before
And I ain't 'bout to start nothin' new
And baby, I can't hang upon no lover's cross for you

willem

Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:23 pm

Hey Kevin, you're a good fingerpicker and I think you have it down/memorized,, maybe a bit more up tempo,, and yeah this JC songs with his second guitar are so beautiful,

Not that I am a good singer but a bit more energy and a belly ful of air can bring us far,, okay okay, playing and singin aint easy.

Bravoooo,

How many JC songs have you down ?

Willem

Music Junkie

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:30 pm

Kevin:

Good to see you again. You know how I feel about your JC works.... Love em'. I think I will send you the work I have done on "Age", and see if you can do something with it. The chords are easy, but the picking eludes me at the current time. Maybe you can work your magic... B) B)

Everything sounds good so far on this one. Don't worry about the signing. I find your much more pleasing than my own..... That is meant as a compliment, not a cheap shot.... :silly:

Jason

tombo1230

Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:11 pm

Nice work Kevin, very fluent. You made that look easy.

Nice to see you post something again, it's been too long. :)

Tom N.

familyman4

Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:58 pm

Hey there Kevin, Great job on playing this JC song! It has always been one of my favorites!!! And, you know by now that I am a huge fan of Jim Croce, just like you are :) :) :) ("Alabama Rain" is another one that I love to hear and it sounds a lot like "Lover's Cross")

I would like to make a small suggestion if you do not mind... In the body of the post, you apologized for the singing, before we even hear you play and sing. Then at the end, you put yourself down again by saying "that was terrible".

Just so you know, I think that playing (finger picking) and singing Jim Croce songs is one of the hardest artists to sing. The finger picking patterns keep your mind focused on intricate details and then there are many, many runs and notes that your voice can try to follow simply because of the chord structure of his songs. :)

My feeling is that you are sharing your talent among friends here. We can tell how hard you worked to get that song down pat under your fingers. Please let us enjoy the song with you, as you entertain us with your skills. I personally promise you that I enjoyed this song, and every song you have played for us on the forum.

Thank you for sharing and keep them coming...
Bart

BobR

Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:28 am

Hi Kevin,

Seems to me you did a really good job on this.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

Where's your red pick? :laugh:

MarkM

Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:09 pm

Terrible??? Nonsense.....

Always great to get a glimpse as to what you are working on Kevin. I'm glad you shared it!!!!!

MarkM

haoli25

Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:51 pm

Thanks for sharing, Kev. I couldn't resist but to play along with you. Damn, we're pretty good! :) :)

Bill

dekotaj

Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Willem
Thanks buddy.It dose play out a little faster. and the more energy and a belly ful of air. I hear what your saying. Not sure it will do my singing very much good. But I will keep at it.

Jason. No worry's sir. I would not see you as one to take cheep shots. (your to good of man for that) Thanks for the kind words. Ages,great song I would love to learn some day. If you have tab? I would take a look at it.I'm use to having some video help on the J.C. songs that I do.

Thanks Tom. I look forward to seeing what you do next. Thanks again.

Bart, ("Alabama Rain" is another one that I love to hear and it sounds a lot like "Lover's Cross") here ya there. Both have 2 chord per measure. Thats a lot of getting around on the guitar neck.Sorry about the way I posted the song. Your right not a good way to go about it. That has been talked about before and I agree.It's kind of hard sometimes to play these great song and not be able to sing like you and others. I guess that is just the way that cookie crumbles. I will do better from now on. Thank you for watching and sharing your thoughts.

Thank Bob. Always nice to hear from you. The red pick, let me see. O yes I glued it to a thumb pick after cutting some off some of the thick thumb pick to see if I could use it as a thumb pick and a strumming pick and not have to grab for a pick, which I never can seem to hold on to when playing anyway. Sometime it sound better than it works out. HA HA

Mr Mark. Hey sir thank you. Man I just wish I could sing'em. Well I guess I just play along with Jim and let him do the singing. What you got cooking. I sure it's a good one. Thanks Mark.

Thanks for sharing, Kev. I couldn't resist but to play along with you. Damn, we're pretty good!
Hey Bill good to hear from you. Just the fact you could play along makes me feel real good. Did you do the 2nd guitar parts in the intro and outro?? Have a good one Bill.

Thanks everyone for watching.
Kev

dennisg

Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:55 pm

Kev, the possibility that you might post a video is one of the things that keeps me coming back here occasionally. Very nicely done.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic