Jamming with my student, couldn't resist to share!

TGNesh

Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Indeed I couldn't resist to share!!

One of the major joys and fulfilling aspects of teaching music is to be able to jam with a student. This is Sebastian, 13 years old, who loves to play songs by for example Elton John, The Eagles, to name a few, but who can also read standard notation very well. (Nowadays he's, for example, working on River Flows In You by Yurima. )

And he also has a clear understanding of the circle of fifth's, very very cool!!! :laugh: B) :cheer: ;)

So this is him playing Elton John's 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road', which is a song fúll of slashchords, constantly changing bassnotes (thankfully I didn't have to play those :S :laugh: , since hé was playing them!), lóts of different chords, chords out of other keys, key change back and forth, all in all, a lót happening in there. And he just pulls it off with no sweat!

In any way, he is as you can imagine my weekly pride and joy and I couldn't be more proud! :) :) :)

Ness

sbutler

Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:01 pm

Oh Vanessa, your gushing with pride. GREAT JOB to the both of you. Sebastian, your a natural. Stick with Vanessa, and I'm sure you'll go as far with music as you want to go.

Thanks for the concert you two.

Scottt

daryl

Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:31 pm

EXTREMELY IMPRESSIVE!

skaladar

Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:50 pm

Very very cool! …

Ness it’s easy to see why you’re so proud.

Sebastian, you are a very talented young man with a great future ahead of you. I only wish I had a fraction of your natural talent and ability when I was your age. I may have stuck with music with more determination. Keep up the good work and there’s no doubt you’ll go far.

That was a real treat to see and hear. Thanks for sharing Ness. I’d love to see more. :-)

♫ Ken ♫

thereshopeyet

Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:25 pm

Great video Vanessa

Well done Sebastian great song.
Do you play the guitar too ?

You have a good teacher :P Who is he ? :dry: ;)

Dermot

tombo1230

Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:24 pm

Thanks so much for sharing this with us Vanessa. It's a joy to watch such shining talent.

Well done Vanessa, Sebastion is a great student and rightly you should both be proud of your achievements here. Fantastic!!! B) :) I am impressed and entertained all in one. :)

Tom N.

BobR

Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:24 pm

Vanessa,
I can see and hear why you're so proud :)

Sebastian,
Great job. Keep at it :woohoo:

Bob

michelew

Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:44 pm

WOW! Super impressed. That's inspiration stuff right there.

Hmmmm... Now I wonder how he got that good. :) lots if hard work to be sure. Oh and a little help. ;) you've a lot to be proud about Ness.

It looks like a lot of fun too.

That's for the performance.

Shel

haoli25

Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:41 pm

Way to go, Sebastian. YOU ROCK!!!!!!! You must be so pleased with your performance. Keep going.

You might want to hang on to your accompanist, Professa Nessa, too. :P She's pretty damn good and you are a lucky young man to have her for a teacher.

TGNessa, you may want to avoid the future crowds and get his autograph NOW. :)

Thanks to both of you for sharing your wonderful video.

Bill Image

cosmicmechanic

Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:22 am

Swell performance ... this youngster is lucky to be in such good hands to channel that talent and energy,

I suppose he's a bit intense, if he can apply himself so well ? (well, I guess his teacher is too ! :P )

Congrats, Nessa !
Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic