Barre Chords... hand and arm strength?

michelew

Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:06 pm

Lynn,

I know there are lessons in the library that have a bit of a focus on barre chords. There are some that show the squeeze and release drill technique that both Neil and Ness recommend. I'm not sure which lessons it's in. Maybe others with a better memory than me can list the lessons.

Here is a link to the lesson on America's Sister Golden Hair. Besides being a cool song, it's a barre chord work out. I think.... Neil's advice on the squeeze and release drill is included in here. If not sorry, but it is a cool song anyway.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

I hope this helps.

Can anyone else recommend lessons that include barre chord specific info. Dermot!? :)

Michele

auntlynnie

Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:53 am

Thanks, Michele,
I'm going to look at Sister Golden Hair again. I remember that song has quite a few barre chords.

I watched the recent lesson on barre chords - I definitely have some technique to work on - years of bad habits to unlearn.

Lynn

wrsomers

Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:12 am

Lynn,
Another great song for Barre chord practice is Lay Lady Lay. It alternates between the E and A shapes, so you have to be good at shifting the Barre to get all the notes clean.
Bill

auntlynnie

Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:19 am

Thanks, Bill,
That is another good one for Barre chord practice.
I guess I'm going to learn a few new songs!
Lynn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic