Just Breathe by moosebreath

moosebreath

Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:07 pm

I realized after the KOA webinar how I haven't been taking advantage of these reviews at all, so I'm FORCING myself to suck it up and upload one! :shock:

After the meeting I was looking for "Blackbird" on Neil's suggestion, and found this, which I love. It's pretty rough (after two days), but it's starting to sound like something.

Questions I have:
1) I play better when I anchor with the 4th finger on my right hand, but it hurts to do that after a while so I’m trying not to do it. Does it just take time, or is there another way to subtly anchor so that my hand is a little steadier but not relying on planting that pinky? You can really hear the unevenness towards the beginning.
2) On some of my chord changes, I feel like you can hear where all my fingers are coming off the strings/playing notes as they do. For example in the second measure when I change positions and release the C on the 2nd string. Gah! Suggestions?

Thank you!

Since the uploader wasn't cooperating, I uploaded to YouTube & am posting here. I just played it straight through with no repeats.

Craig

Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:14 pm

Moosebreath,

Nice job on your post. It sounds like you are making great progress. I'm sure Neil will give you some good advice on your questions.

Keep up the great work!

Craig

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:00 am

Nice work Moose! Especially as you've only just started on it.... I take ages to get picking songs down. Just Breathe is a really nice song.

So the the uploader didn't work? That's never happened! :-)

Chris

TGNeil

Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:00 am

So bypassing the uploader temporarily, here are some of my thoughts on Just Breathe.

moosebreath

Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:10 pm

Ahhhhh, thank you Neil! That was so helpful!

Funny thing is that shifting my right hand so that the fingers are pointing downward almost completely eliminates that feeling of instability that was making me want to anchor with my pinky. And the fingering tips were super helpful too.

Sheesh, why did I wait so long to post a review? :? This is gold. Thanks!

And thanks Craig & Chris for the encouragement. Maybe this student review business isn't so scary after all. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic