Hotel California

Chasplaya

Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:39 am

mark wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
Really good job Mark, that's a great sound coming out of that guitar and you handle her well. Noticed you have the guitar on your right knee. I can't play like that, have to have it against my chest. Do you always hold like that. Does it help? Thanks for posting!
yes I always sit with the guitar like that. It is still pressing against my chest when I play. I notice that the guitar is slightly tilted. I'm not sure if this is right or wrong.
Hi Marc, Good job man. I used to hold my guitar exactly like that, and when I went to lessons afew years back I was told to straighten it up, this was a habit I found difficult to break and every so often find myself slipping back to old way. But I find the more upright position can be sustained longer and is actually more comfortable and certainly easier to strum at the correct angles, it also helps with the positioning of the left hand to as it doesn't need to stretch so far.

My nephew has the same Seagull sounds real nice.

goldleaf

Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Mark, good job and thanks for the video. I think it must be a requirement of being part of TG to have the baseball grip w/ the thumb showing. I think most of the video's I've seen the TG'ers have been using that grip, I do. It almost seems more natural for some reason. Anyway enough on that, great video and I look forward to seeing some more from you. I'll see if I can find Yesterday on Youtube. Thanks again. Gary

nemastetaylor

Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:52 am

Nice work. I like how you pick out the notes and that you kept your right and moving. Good job.

RicksPick

Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:04 pm

Mark,

Video response just added to your original post.

Neil

mark

Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:20 am

Hi Neil
Thanks for your response. I'll keep working on the suggestions.

As for singing it.:woohoo:
There's a good reason why I play guitar and don't sing

wrench

Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:48 pm

Mark,

I watched your video today before I shot mine, and yours is one of my favorites. I never liked Hotel California until I watched your video, and I can't get enough of it.

Great job, and thanks for sharing it with us.

wrench

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic