Hotel California

mark

Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:24 am

Here's my go at Hotel California by the Eagles

I have tried to take Neil Advice of playing it differently each time.
Not sure how successful that is or how different it comes out each time.
I'd be interested in what people think.

[video type=youtube][/video]

DickP

Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:42 am

Mark-

Can you load this into our YT channel?

Comments will follow...

Neil

rcsnydley

Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:34 am

Nice job, Mark, sounds very good.

BTW, is that a Seagull guitar, if so what model? I have a Maritime with cutaway and electronics and love it.

Ric

Music Junkie

Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:04 pm

Mark:

Sounds awesome, man! I can get most of the chord progression down, but I am certainly not at a point to be playing the melody as well. Keep up the good work. Have some Karma while your at it for braving the waters and sharing with the rest of us.

Cheers!

MJ :cheer:

AcousticAl

Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:19 pm

Another good one, Mark. Nice and steady-- something I need to work on with my strumming.

haoli25

Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:32 pm

Nice job Mark. Thanks for posting your video.

A couple of suggestions for you; Try bending your left wrist a little more. It will seem a little awkward at first, but it will quickly become second nature to you. That will help you with the chord changes.
Second, try playing with a metronome (even the online model). That will smooth out your tempo. They are also invaluable for learning new songs.

Bill

TGJIM

Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:11 pm

Karma bump for you. Glad to see your video.

mark

Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:14 am

rcsnydley wrote:
Nice job, Mark, sounds very good.

BTW, is that a Seagull guitar, if so what model? I have a Maritime with cutaway and electronics and love it.

Ric
Yes it's a seagull s6 Original.

I've only just bought it. I have two other guitars which are 12 fret guitars which I use for fingerpicking. I didn't really like their tone when I strummed them. I wanted something with a much warmer tone and something to encourage me to strum more. After trying a few guitars out the seagull fitted the bill. I'm very pleased with it.

As Neil suggested I've now uploaded this to the target members channel on YouTube along with my version of Yesterday

neverfoundthetime

Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:35 pm

Really good job Mark, that's a great sound coming out of that guitar and you handle her well. Noticed you have the guitar on your right knee. I can't play like that, have to have it against my chest. Do you always hold like that. Does it help? Thanks for posting!

mark

Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:26 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Really good job Mark, that's a great sound coming out of that guitar and you handle her well. Noticed you have the guitar on your right knee. I can't play like that, have to have it against my chest. Do you always hold like that. Does it help? Thanks for posting!
yes I always sit with the guitar like that. It is still pressing against my chest when I play. I notice that the guitar is slightly tilted. I'm not sure if this is right or wrong.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic