The Story in Your Eyes

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:40 pm

Work in progress. Not quite able to get through all the stumbling blocks yet but it's definitely taking shape. All helpful comments welcome!

AndyT

Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:53 pm

Chris,
I WAS going to tell you how good that was but you only asked for helpful comments. So I can't tell you that I think it was really great.

BigBear

Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:00 pm

Chris- is that a nylon string guitar? You Cheater!! rofl! :P

Yes, seriously, very good job! Particularly good for a transplanted Englishman!! :lol:

AndyT

Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:13 pm

Chris,

Good job, and thanks for all your contributions (well, most of them) to TG. I would practice it a bit slower so that everything is a little more relaxed. It is hard to tell on the video but it looks like your right hand specifically could relax a little more- let your fingers hang looser rather than curling up into your palm. It only looks a little like this, you are not making a fist, which is an extreme example of this.

Also, consider adding the fingerings I suggest for G and A to your bag of tricks. If you had your 3rd finger on the 6th string for G, the transition back into the opening riff would be consistent with how you should play it in the beginning, rather than using your 2nd finger for the hammer on.

I like your voice, wish I could hit those notes like that!

Neil

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:32 pm

Thanks guys! Yes Bear they are nylon strings... I'm a cheater but only on 6 strings, 12 strings I'm honest. Andy, just to have you look at the video is blessings enough ;-). Neil, thanks for getting me here on exactly this song. I'll take a look at my right hand.... I'm sure it could ease up a lot. The G fingering makes sense... I just have to overwrite the neural imprinting......! Great fun to do a video and get feedback and teaching!

haoli25

Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:36 pm

Chris, first, my compliments on your song choice.:) It always helps to have good material!

I had to practice those little riff transitions VERY slowly before I could ever get them right. Once I had the 'muscle memory' it was a breeze and I could play it at normal tempo.

Like everyone else, I like your singing too and I am only a little jealous.:laugh:

Thank you for posting your video.

Bill

BigBear

Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:10 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Work in progress. Not quite able to get through all the stumbling blocks yet but it's definitely taking shape. All helpful comments welcome!
Chris- do you have the tab for that song? I've always enjoyed it! Thanks! :cheer:

snipe

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:05 pm

That was great!!!

you inspired me to try that one. Maybe someday i will get the Kahunes to post it, minus the vocals though. You have a great voice

snipe

dekotaj

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:12 pm

Hey Chris,Like all your post I really enjoyed it.And like every one else,Sure wish I could sing them like that.And I too seam to have a hard time when getting to the end of a song.But I got to tale ya,I got a real kick out of that ending.Keep those post coming,love watching you sing and play.

BigBear

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:23 pm

Chris- it's great to know that some swear words are universal!! lol!

Another great Moody Blues tune well played! If you keep this up you'll have all their songs posted! I can't wait!

Cheers! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic