House Of The Rising Sun

RicksPick

Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:42 am

Very good willem
Nice voice too

RicksPick

neverfoundthetime

Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:15 pm

Hey Rick, well done on posting your first video! Perfectly produced video. You're playing nice and smoothly. It was my first song too, you are much smother at it than I was! Obviously been practising patiently.

nemastetaylor

Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:24 am

Very nice. I like your picking style and timing. Oh, and if Bob Dylan can sing than you can sing!!

AndyT

Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:53 am

Now, see, theres a problem. Bob Dylan can not sing. He thinks he can... ;)

wrench

Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:29 am

Rick,

I watched your video when you first posted it, and I thought it was pretty good then. Now that I've made a video myself, I respect the clean take SSSSSSSOOOOOOOO much more. Kudos on the metronome, too. Thanks for bringing the metronome to the silver screen - I think that was a brilliant idea, and thanks for sharing your video.

wrench

RicksPick

Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:48 am

Thanks Dan

Will be able to get some more up soon as my Video camera is back off holiday
It's been touring America for the last 14 days with inlaws.

RicksPick

jayswett

Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:54 pm

Very smooth. I'm not in a position to give advice, but I learned from your video the utility of the metronone and playing more smoothly. Please post more when you can.
Jay

chacho

Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:05 pm

Hi Rick,

I'm impressed, especially when you change from the d chord to the partial f chord.
It's looks effortless.
Have you spent alot of time praticing that and have you any tips for me on that d to f change that might help.

RicksPick

Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:23 pm

Hi guys

I'm humbled

Jay all advice is welcome, we all can see from a different prospective no matter ability.
Yes It wasn't easy to follow the metronome, as Neil noticed ( I didn't)
I try to use it as much as possible, first I learn the notes/tab then bring in the metronome, Maybe wrong way about it but im sure one of our forum buddies will advise,
Smooth? thanks, Suppose we are all self critical! It didn't feel that way lol

chacho
yes I spent loads of time on that change,although I'm trying to also use the partial barre , I use 4 fingers for the little F
(First finger on second string, 2nd finger 1st string, both replacing Neil's partial Barre, then using 3rd finger on 3rd string 2nd fret,4th finger on 4th string 2nd fret)

From D I slide the D shape back towards the nut, 2nd finger not leaving the first string and started using only my first 2 fingers then 3 fingers until comfortable then added the 4th finger. Building the shape up.

I found that I was not getting a clean sounding 2nd string ( maybe left hand position I guess) Working hard on that technique now.
I can't believe someone is asking me for advise but that's how I work on it.

Thank you Both for more inspiration, I must practice more cos I want to post an update to see if I have improved.

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic