'Imagine' by AcousticAl - Updated Nov. 2009, pg1

jayswett

Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:35 pm

By my estimation, you are improving by leaps and bounds, which says alot since you demonstrated talent with your very first video! Keep it up. You inspire many of us to keep slugging away. Great video.

michelew

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:52 pm

Really nice job Al. The last video is heads and shoulders above the first. (in more ways than 1) It sounds great and very smooth. 'Imagine' was already on my 'must learn list'. Your video has just confirmed that for me and move it up the line.

I loved seeing your face too. It makes the performance so much more enjoyable.

Thanks

Michele

Chasplaya

Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:05 pm

Heads you win!! What a study in concentration man! Good job. Thats a good angle to shoot a vid from too. Once i've got the hang of using my el cheapo CAM i'll try that angle, as long as there is no copywrite on it lol!
I've tried my CAM at various locations round the house to get good acoustics and after much trial and tribulation come full circle and back to my Guitar room lol. Early trials showed up I need to do a lot of work on a few things that I didn't realise. BUt all going well first vid will be up in over a week, that long cos I'm going away for 5 days with no guitar.

Al keep em coming this is very inspiring!

goldleaf

Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:25 pm

Definite improvement Al, you are really knocking these songs out of the park one after another. I've been struggling with 1 for about 3 weeks, I think I better take a lesson from you and move on to something else. Gary. BTY I don't see how you can improve on your audio/video sound and picture, so you can probably use the FLIP for everyday use. Al you connect your guitar directly to your computer, what program are you using to do the recording and video? Movie Maker?? Gary

AcousticAl

Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:53 am

goldleaf wrote:
Definite improvement Al, you are really knocking these songs out of the park one after another. I've been struggling with 1 for about 3 weeks, I think I better take a lesson from you and move on to something else. Gary. BTY I don't see how you can improve on your audio/video sound and picture, so you can probably use the FLIP for everyday use. Al you connect your guitar directly to your computer, what program are you using to do the recording and video? Movie Maker?? Gary

Hi Gary,
Right now I'm just using my webcam that is part of my Dell monitor. I use the webcam program that came with my Dell-- called 'Webcam Centre'. I use Windows Media format (.wmv) and record at 800 x 600 resolution.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:22 am

Hi Gary,
Right now I'm just using my webcam that is part of my Dell monitor. I use the webcam program that came with my Dell-- called 'Webcam Centre'. I use Windows Media format (.wmv) and record at 800 x 600 resolution.
I'm doing exactly the same as Al, then I use MovieMaker (free with Vista) to format the vid to upload to Youtube.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic