'Dust in the Wind' by AcousticAl

AcousticAl

Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:15 pm

Last one to bring over-- this is from the TG Community side again.

I won't be uploading again until I get my new guitar back from the shop-- getting the saddle/action lowered.

As usual, comments welcome.

AA

cosmicmechanic

Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:28 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your fine effort.
I'll even use your video along with Neil's to get the hang of this tune.
I've begun to appreciate that we need to see each other play as we learn, that watching fellow students play at what may not be the perfect rythm and even pause along the way is a great tool to understanding how we need to improve in our own playing.

Pierre

AcousticAl

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:40 am

Thanks for the comments, cosmicmechanic.

I'm floored that some other people might want to use my videos to help their own playing! I've always liked the idea of 'students helping students' on this site as well. That's why I was so early to get my videos uploaded.

Hope to see yours one day!

Al

goldleaf

Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:31 pm

Al, keep at it I think you're almost there on Dust. I just appreciate the video and the fact you are making the effort, I think it helps us all. Hope to join you soon with a vid of my own. Gary

BigBear

Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:16 pm

Al, another great one buddy! The only thing I could see is your right hand position is still a little "soft". You need to point your fingers down a little more so your fingertips are attacking the strings straight up and down and not at an angle. Despite your hand position you're still getting good sound so just a little tweak will make a big difference!

Thanks for your posts and keep up the great work!! :cheer:

AcousticAl

Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Thanks Gary. I look forward to seeing you play.

Rick- This was actually one of the first videos I posted- even before Neil's video response to my 'Brain Damage' post where he talked about my right hand position. I have since tried to angle my wrist/point my fingers downward.

I'm not there yet- and my wrist and elbow actually started to get numb while I was working on taping 'Nothing Else Matters'. That's why it doesn't look corrected there either. I still need to work on it- but I do hope I'm not doing damage either!

Al

BigBear

Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:20 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Thanks Gary. I look forward to seeing you play.

Rick- This was actually one of the first videos I posted- even before Neil's video response to my 'Brain Damage' post where he talked about my right hand position. I have since tried to angle my wrist/point my fingers downward.

I'm not there yet- and my wrist and elbow actually started to get numb while I was working on taping 'Nothing Else Matters'. That's why it doesn't look corrected there either. I still need to work on it- but I do hope I'm not doing damage either!

Al

You're still my hero!!! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic