Classical gas trial

Yamaha48

Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:00 pm

Hello Mark
I missunderstand it,over the strings and the Yamaha APX900 Guitar.
Elixer is a good string,but not cheap .
A couple of monds ago,i was by the guitarshop,and we had a talk over the Elixers.
He give me another Brand strings,Ernie balls for Accoustic guitar.
It is made from Titanium also anti rust.
This set is now on my Seagull and sounds good,the price was lower than the Elixers,for 10 EURO bying.

Greetz Anton

Lavallee

Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Ernie Ball strings, I will try them next time. Do you like them?

Marc

Yamaha48

Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:14 am

It is not a bat string,sounds good.

Anton

goldleaf

Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Marc, give you a lot of credit for taking that one on and doing such a good job. I'm a ways off from there. I'm right where you are in looking at the Kodak Z18 for the reason you mentioned the external mic. I think the black version is in the stores but the other colors are not. I asked about the Kodak Z18 but nobody was familiar with it, which makes sence since it just became available. I'd be interested in knowing how the Kodak works compared to the flip so if you get one please let us know. I think lots of us are in the process of starting to make video & any info is helpful. Again great job on the Gas, keep at it. Gary

Lavallee

Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:58 pm

Thanks Gary

Regarding the camera (Kodak ZI8), I will order it from Amazon, most likely this week. Being in Canada it will probably take 10 days to get it. I will order a wireless microphone that I saw a demo of with the camera. Without the external camera the sound is very poor (hissing sound) but with it the demo was very impressive. I saw about 30 reviews on it some are happy some are not, but it is the same for most of them except the Flip, but the sound was just OK. Since I only want it to film myself and the occasional vacation or family reunion, it should be fine. Once I have it I will try to record again the same song in the same ligthing condition

Chasplaya

Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:39 am

Mark-

I got a chance to add a short video response to your original post.

All the best,

Neil

mark

Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:02 am

This is a great thread and Neil's response picks up little things I would have never noticed.
I think these videos and responces are great especially as this thread has got me started on Classical Gas as well now.

Lavallee

Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:42 am

Thanks a lot I will work on these pointers and try again in a few weeks.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic