Classical gas trial

Lavallee

Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:42 pm

Hi all, here is my trial at Classical gas. It is interesting that when I am on video my playing is very average but when I am alone and nobody sees me, it is almost as good as Neil ; )

I would appreciate any critics

Marc

[video type=youtube][/video]

haoli25

Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:52 pm

Great job Marc! Thanks for posting your video.

Bill

BigBear

Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:53 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Hi all, here is my trial at Classical gas. It is interesting that when I am on video my playing is very average but when I am alone and nobody sees me, it is almost as good as Neil ; )

I would appreciate any critics

Marc

Geez, Marc, I am really, really impressed! Great job and I'm not blowing smoke up your tailpipe!!

If you are going to play the tough TARGET songs that well we may not let you play with us hackers anymore (speaking solely for myself!) .

The thing that really impressed me was great left hand position and your relaxed right hand. I wasn't expecting you to play the whole song.

That's a very hard song to master and you are very close to having it down cold. Obviously, you've been practicing hard on it and it shows!

I don't know what else to say except congrats on your achievement!

Cheers! :cheer:

Music Junkie

Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:54 pm

Marc: Great job. I have way too many problems when I attempt that song still. Above my level for a while. I really enjoyed your video, keep it up. I also play so much better when I am all by myself.....lol

Chasplaya

Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:54 pm

Well done Marc. Its about muscle memory once you really memorised the left hand stuff you probably need to concentrate on the right a bit more, more emphasis at times. But hey really good karma to you for taking this one on. I play a different version which in all honestly is probably simpler I think its the Chet Atkins one not sure.

Lavallee

Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:15 pm

Thanks guys for the nice comments. As Chasplaya wrote the right hand is still too stiff missing many strings. The left hand is still on the works as there are quite a few strings muffled.That chord progression in section C is quite tough. The greatest challenge is too get the proper rhythm and I do not know how to follow the metronome for something like that.

Thanks again

Marc

AndyT

Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:21 pm

Marc,
Great job man! Now just play it 500 or 600 more times and you will have it cold.

Lavallee

Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:26 pm

Andy I appreciate your confidence , but I would a 1 before your numbers :)

Marc

Music Junkie

Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:35 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Andy I appreciate your confidence , but I would a 1 before your numbers :)

Marc
Marc, You did not seem that far off to me. The fact that you went for it was cool. Like I've mentioned before, take a clip like this of yourself every so often. It'll surprise you how much you improve each time. Especially if you keep practicing as hard. I can tell you've put some good time into it. Keep it up! :cheer:

AndyT

Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:18 am

Marc, I bet it only took you maybe 200 or 300 times to get it that far. It just seems like more. Someone once told me that you had to play a song 1000 times to really know it inside and out. The more I play, the more I believe that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic