help with babe I'm going to leave you

nemastetaylor

Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:43 am

Hi again. I am hoping this will work. Please comment on my use of the Capo and technique. thanks

AndyT

Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:50 am

That was very well done! Great sound and you inserted good emotion. (= Nice style LOL)

willem

Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:09 am

Well done, saw in my opinium that you must work on your right hand claw,there is a video in the beginners lesson about it or in the quick tips, or anybody???

Lavallee

Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:39 am

Good fingerpicking here again, your thumb is hitting the 2 base notes, I am struggling with that. Are you using the capo because you want to sing?

nemastetaylor

Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:43 am

HI, no I use the Capo because if I don't it really is taxing on my left hand. the torque on my hand and wrist. It brings my elbow in closer to my body and I can reach the chords better. Especially to hit the high notes that need to ring out. If I do it without the Capo, I have to lift my palm up to not mute the high notes because my hand is small.

thanks for the input

jayswett

Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:54 pm

I had not seen this student video before today. Sounded great. I've been working on the interlude and ending for this son but not with alot of success. And today I got sidetracked with Old Man. Not enough hours in the day.

goldleaf

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:32 pm

Nice job with the finger picking & well done overall. Using a capo does lower the strings making it easier to play, especially barre chords. You do lose a little bit in the sound and sustain of your guitar but if it makes its easier for you to play then it's like playing slower at first until you get a tune down then you can speed it up later, same with the capo, it can make playing and barring easier while you practice and build your comfort. Generally the capo is for raising the key so you can play in a key that is better for you to sing in but it obviously serves it's purpose for you. Keep the vid's coming. Gary

Chasplaya

Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:43 pm

I think you have amazing dexterity with your left hand note placement. And I think a simple thing to assist you with wrist strain in the left hand would be to hold the guitar in a more upright position i.e. bring the bit of the guitar that sits on your knee closer to your body so the fretboard sits straight and not angled away from you, thus meaning you don't have to stretch round to reach the top of the fretboard quite so much. Look at the angle of the fretboard on my avatar pic and the body is straighter thats closer to what you need to aim at.

Good job though :)

jayswett

Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:10 am

I watched this again as I love this song. As I took another look, I noticed that the fingers of your left hand seem to move more than necessary. You are hitting the notes cleanly, but at times it looks like one fingertip or another doesn't take the most efficient route to the next string/fret. Having said that, it sounds great, so I wouldn't try to change too much, but you might try to work on efficiency of movement with respect to fingers on your left hand. I'm not sure what drills or excercises to recommend for this, but Neil or one of the advanced students might be able to recommend something. That sure is a beautiful song.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic