Norweign Wood feedback

nemastetaylor

Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:53 pm

thanks, I did get a strap. I struggle with timing....but I am kind of a rebel with that.

Nemaste

nemastetaylor

Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:56 pm

thanks, I have been practicing that pinky pull off for a while. I had to do that with John Denver's Rocky Mtn high. It's taken a long time to get the strength in that pinky finger.

Nemaste

rcsnydley

Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:47 am

Very nice job, Roberta. I've been working on this song off and on and I can't do it as well. And yes I am timing challenged also it's like everything else it just takes time and dedicated work.

Ric

wiley

Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:52 am

reiver

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:39 pm

Well done Nemaste (Roberta?). I find the single string picking with a plectrum about the hardest thing to do and I think you did a really good job. Some of the hammering on/off is quite tricky too and you managed it really well. The timing will improve as the technique becomes more natural, but playing slightly slower may help you. Karma on it's way. :)

r

and thanks to Chris for bringing this back to our attention

nemastetaylor

Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:21 am

Hi, thanks for all the support from everyone. The hammer on pull off is tricky and took a lot of pinky finger muscle. For a time I had to back off on that pinky hammer on cause I was getting a trigger finger.

Again thanks.

Nemaste

tovo

Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:17 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hey Roberta, my apologies for missing your post earlier. Just gone back to see what I'd missed. Well done, great job on Norwegian Wood. Really good going. Maybe a few others who missed this will take notice with it back at the top of the thread. The karma chameleon will be smiling at you as soon as he is re-loaded!
I'm in that boat, missed this completely. Very nice Roberta, I thought it could be a little slower also, but it's a great song and a great job from you. Karma coming your way!

beaker

Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:38 pm

Roberta,
Your job with Norwegian Wood is good, but keep working at it and will get better and flow better. I think your timing may be a bit off, I would suggest playing along with neil when you watch the play through section. Plus I think you hold the pick with your hand in basically a fist position (closed hand). What I do for this is relax the fingers that you are not using in your right hand and I find it helps to get smoother strumming. ( more wrist flexing). I hope this helps. Beaker.

beaker

Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:41 pm

Roberta, I also agree with what Michelew said about a missing note at the beginning. Beaker.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic