Norweign Wood feedback

nemastetaylor

Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:36 am

Please give me some good feedback on timing, technique and strumming.

thanks

NemasteTaylorhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpMSBX1r5e4

Yamaha48

Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:51 pm

Hello Guitar friend.
A big hand from me,for you.
But i think that the speed can slower.
Maby later you can speed it up.
The problem is,picking and than the strumming,it is not in a flow.
who i am,i play now for 2 years guitar,but i writing what i see and here.

Greetz Anton

goldleaf

Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:16 pm

Really good job. Can't think of a lot to be critical of , you might vary the hammer on's, skip it periodically so it stands out more than playing it every time. Gary

haoli25

Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:25 pm

Karma for you Roberta! I think you did a very good job. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

cabro

Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:50 pm

Nice work Roberta. Your playing is great but I think your timing is a bit off. The melody follows the lyrics quite closely and I think you are rushing some parts and lagging on others. Try listening to the song and compare the timing. There's a Beatles version on YouTube if you want to check it out. I won't post the vid here but if you want to listen to it, it's not hard to find.

Chasplaya

Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:10 pm

Great job Roberta, same comment I made on another video, Guitar body angle straighter so the back of the guitar is flatter against your body. When picking the melody notes they appear rushed and not deliberate which effects your whole timimg. On Neils TARGET vid for this he does a couple of slow versions one about 80% and the other about 50% timing with a metronome. I now use this trick and it works wonders. Good left hand though, but I bet you'll find the left hand/wrist strain will decrease if you move that guitar body straighter.

Well done again.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:12 am

Hey Roberta, my apologies for missing your post earlier. Just gone back to see what I'd missed. Well done, great job on Norwegian Wood. Really good going. Maybe a few others who missed this will take notice with it back at the top of the thread. The karma chameleon will be smiling at you as soon as he is re-loaded!

willem

Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:29 am

well Roberta, you did good and i could sing along, i link your pinky pull off, i can't,,,i do the easy way.....looking forwards to your next ,,,karma for you..

jayswett

Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:58 pm

This is a very nice song, and you played it very well. You make that pinky pull-off maneuver look awfully easy. Nicely done. I want to learn this song.

michelew

Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:14 pm

:dry: ROberta,

I missed this one too.

There's a missing note in the melody (the first one - or the note is too short). But other than that you're doing well with it. Better than me.

You might like to consider getting a strap, which will hold the guitar against your body and make it easier to play. You can experiment with the height of the guitar, position of it in relation to your body and angle of the neck until you find the best combination for you 9this should be very quick). Once you are happy with it, you won't need to worry about stabilising the guitar and can concentrate completely on your playing.

Karma to you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic