wrench - From the Beginning Follow Up

stratman3

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:24 am

Great job, six months?....WOW!!!
Very nice. B)

heatndude

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:03 am

Another great job vote from me wrench ! I started working on this song about three weeks ago, not even close to your level yet. I think you did a great job ! This will give me something to shoot for after I post my follow up on Blackbird. Keep up the good work and thanks for the advice !!!

Mark :woohoo:

wrench

Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:20 pm

Thanks for the feedback, folks. I appreciate it.

Michele - Picking Greg Lake tunes is tough, at least for me, and I considered it a milestone when I became able to pick it correctly, which is why I posted the follow up.

Snipe and stratman3 - The original post was at six months, but the follow up is at ten months. Skills? We all have them, we just need to work at it some. Before TG I could barely play a stereo, much less a guitar.

Jay - The picking does change up a bit going from arpeggio to cross-picking to alternating-picking. Believe me, I'll be looking at you, Michele, and a few others when I make the move to fingerpicking. And motivating each other in a very positive fashion here makes TG a magical place and a very productive place to develop.

heatndude - I grabbed this song at random when I first started with no idea it was of elevated difficulty, so I turned it into a long term project. At my level, it would have been a mistake to work on it intensely with the expectation of nailing it quickly because I would instead have failed quickly.

Thanks for your comments, and I'm looking very much forward to seeing more of your videos.

Dan

thereshopeyet

Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:00 pm

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic