wrench - From the Beginning Follow Up

wrench

Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:17 pm

Here's a follow up to From the Beginning. I posted because I went back and learned the TARGET lesson correctly, and Neil challenged TARGET members to post this song during his last webinar. I have a few blunders in here, but I am what I am. If I practice this thing another year, I'll get it smooth. Your comments are always welcome.

Alright guys, here's my first video. Tear it up. I have thick skin, but try to remember I've only been playing 6 months. Yes, the first flubs are camera jitters - I really can play this song well for my dog.

Bring your own popcorn and tickets are free.

wrench

haoli25

Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:12 pm

Good job Dan! It's hard to believe you have only been playing for 6 months! I couldn't play that well after two years! But then, you did have a much better teacher than I did. :) The only suggestion I have for you is try playing with a metronome. You can slow it down to a comfortable setting and it's the best way I have found to improve my tempo. I use mine everyday. If you decide to get one, I can tell you that the BOSS "Dr. Beat" is about $150, the KORG "BeatLab" is about $100. Both are great and NOT worth your money. Buy a cheap one for under $20 and you will be very happy with it. Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

BigBear

Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:20 pm

wrench wrote:
Alright guys, here's my first video. Tear it up. I have thick skin, but try to remember I've only been playing 6 months. Yes, the first flubs are camera jitters - I really can play this song well for my dog.

wrench

Dan- are you kidding me? You've only played the guitar for 6 months and you can belt out that song? That is simply fantastic! Congratualtions!

The only problems I saw are simply of function of learning the song a litle better and practicing your chord changes. As you become more comfortable you will get smoother.

Man, you blew me away! There are much easier songs on TARGET than that one. I'm working on the same one! If I get the guts I'll post a video someday!

Thanks for sharing and great job!! :cheer:

Rick

mark

Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:20 pm

wow great job
I also can hardly believe you have only been playing 6 months. I could hardly play a note after 6 months.
Your picking is accurate and clean.

terrynewton

Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:22 pm

wrench wrote:

wrench

Wrench, Great job! The first video is tough, as I know it was with mine, but at least you have a happy dog to play too. You were very smooth and have a very nice left have position, unlike mine. I seem to be the baseball bat king.

Are you sure you have been playing ONLY 6 months???? you blow me away. I can't wait to see what "Neil" has to say. He should be very please.

Thanks for posting

Terry

goldleaf

Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:29 pm

Dan, super job for only playing for 6 months. Did you play another instrument before. It's hard to believe you have got down the timing and changes that song requires without some past musical experience. You might want to get a closer up of your guitar if your video equipment permits but that has nothing to do with your playing. Far as I can see it's just a matter of repitition so you can smooth out your changes and reduce the string noise from sliding up to or down to a note or chord. Keep it up, looking forward to seeing another one. Gary

Music Junkie

Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:34 pm

Wrench:

Great job! Your 6 months have paid off. Can't wait to see what the next 6 brings from you. I love that song, and you did a bang up job on it.

B)

Yamaha48

Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:50 pm

Hello Wrench.

You write i play 6 months,meby on this guitar?.
The most who starting to play,playing up to the neck,with the basic chords.
Thats why it sounds unbeleavebel.

But thanks for sharing your video for us.

Greetz Anton

AndyT

Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:50 pm

Like everyone else, I'm impressed by you only playing for 6 months now. Along with your picking, I see you also have your guitar face almost perfected! :cheer:

Chasplaya

Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:09 pm

Only 6 months wow there will be no stopping you after another 6.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic