Jay's Dust in the Wind

mark

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:37 am

Great job Jay
It's a great example of what somebody can do in two weeks.

I don't have a problem with your son introducing the songs - get him playing a tamborine next time :cheer:

I'm sure posting lots of videos isn't a problem either, that's what this part of the forum is for. I think it's a good idea to post an update as well.

Lavallee

Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:07 am

Very good playing Jay nice improvement over the first one. I like the idea if showing the improvement on subsequent video. Actually I think it is the main benefit. If you only present it once you cannot see the real progression.

Keep your presenter, he will look forward to do that. Anything you can get your kids to do something with you or vise versa is something to remember especially if youtube can prove it.

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:01 pm

Just caught up with your Video(s) Jay. Great going! Keep them coming, this is what TG is for. Love it when your boy introduces you. Chris

michelew

Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:57 am

Great job Jay! I'm working on this too. I'm no way need as smooth as you. THanks for pointing the way. I agree with everyone else.
- Lots of video - great - helps us too,
- your son introducing you - great - made me smile - very cute!

Thanks - I loved being about to see your face too.

Michele

AndyT

Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:46 am

Hey Jay, Very nice! And now I DARE ya to take it up a notch. Literally! Get that guitar away form the ground!! Stand up and play it!!! And don't do your best impression of a granite statue either. Dance with it. Move around in time and harmony with the Music... Lets see what that does for your playing. And DON'T make me Double Dog Dare ya! LOL

Good job man,
Wilson

suziko

Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:12 am

Jay, I think you should have your son introduce every video- he's adorable! How old is he?

I've been working on this song for a while, kind of half-heartedly as I want to transition into finger picking. I thought you did a great job with it. Keeping up that pace throughout the song is a challenge, but you did a great job. And your transitions to some of the harder chords are perfectly smooth (D7/G I think was one, but I'm not looking at the TAb). All in all, a great job. And I'm with Chris, I LIKE seeing videos from fellow TGers, so I hope people don't feel like they're "oversaturating the market" with too many vids because, imo, they're not.

Oh, and YEAH on being able to see your face!

Karma to you!

suziko

Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:46 am

Oh, and a reply to Wilson: as my 7 year old daughter likes to say, "Dares go first!"

cosmicmechanic

Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:46 am

suziko wrote:
Oh, and a reply to Wilson: as my 7 year old daughter likes to say, "Dares go first!"
Out of the mouths of babes...

Well, "if you're feelin froggy, just go ahead and Jump" LOL

[video][/video]

I'm working on Rhiannon right now, and my first preliminary vid may well be a "stand-up" comedy ;)

Seriously though, learning to play standing up does add something to your music. Even if you still mostly sit down and play...

P.S. See? Now isn't that better?

[video][/video]

Chasplaya

Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:41 pm

Good Job Jay, I seriously doubt TG would have any issues whatsoever with the revisiting a song, after all how can Neil assess whether what he is doing is working, its also a great way to self assess. As for your son, no worries as has been said it's evidence that you include family, I bet he gets a kick out of it too. As for your playing well great work, the interlude is good, the nome is a bit distracting, but essential to show you've got the timing down, now one without the nome!

Good on ya mate!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic