Jay - Twolumne

jayswett

Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:15 pm

Here's another video that I submit for review. It's an instrumental piece, I believe written by Eddie Vedder, but certainly played by him for the "Into the Wild" sountrack. It's short and not too difficult for beginners striving for intermediate status.

Music Junkie

Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:51 pm

Jay:

That was awesome. I love that song, and the entire soundtrack. Eddie nailed that album. I have a TAB for that song, and it is QUITE similar to "Dust in the Wind" as far as chords and picking pattern. I really enjoyed your vid!

MJ

Karma to ya again.....B)

Yamaha48

Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:09 pm

hello Jay.

Nice tune man,good finger picking.
Thanks for sharing the video

jayswett

Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:17 pm

Another fun and fairly easy song to play from that album is "Guaranteed". Being able to sing it is a bonus which I have been unable to enjoy.

terrynewton

Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:35 pm

Jay,

Your picking is smooth and steady which is good. How long have you been Playing? I'll check out your profile and see if you mention that after done here.

Going to you last video,

Terry B)

Music Junkie

Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:56 pm

jayswett wrote:
Another fun and fairly easy song to play from that album is "Guaranteed". Being able to sing it is a bonus which I have been unable to enjoy.
Yes! Guaranteed is a great song! I have a TAB for it, but I am suspect of it's accuracy.....

:laugh:

nemastetaylor

Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:28 pm

Beautiful!!! Quick fingerpicking too. I like it.

Chasplaya

Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:13 am

Nice job, you certainly seem to have the hang of the fingerpicking pattern. Can't help but think your guitar postion might result in left wrist problems down the track though.. the guitar sitting so far to your right and using the thumb for holding E string notes, whilst not totally wrong you'll find Neil encourages you to use the Barre for some or ring finger to go across depending on notes used. nevertheless very smooth.

Good on ya mate.

jayswett

Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:44 am

I watched the TG live episode from Sept 12th and noted Mr. Hogan's early comment regarding wrapping of the thumb around the top of the neck. He implied that in rare circumstances, it's OK. I suspect I'd be better off long term in avoiding that move whenever possible. I was watching the Landslide tutorial last night and noted that there were several instances where I found the use of the thumb easier than what Mr. Hogan was demonstrating (no thumb). No doubt, his technique is more technically sound and useful if one wishes to reach the ranks of the intermediate players. I will keep working on it...

goldleaf

Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:45 pm

Jay, nice finger picking, shows how important it is to get that down. You make it look easy. Gread vid. Thanks Gary

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic