Jay - Blackbird (last one, I promise)

jayswett

Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:45 pm

I have been working on this for a couple of months. As I watch the video, I see yet again that I need to slow done quite alot. Not sure why I can't make that concept stick. I can't seem to make my version seem as crisp as others I've seen on youtube, especially Neil's version. A ridiculous comparison, I know. I appreciate the comments regarding the other vids, but I'll let others take a crack at posting their vids for a while. I think this video sharing idea is a great one. Thanks for your time.

haoli25

Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:55 pm

Excellent Jay! Image

Lavallee

Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:00 pm

Jay very nice playing like your other videos. It is a little fast but the rhythm is good and maintained. A question however. : I notice that you hold your guitar quite far right on your thigh making the fretboard quite forward rather than parallel to your torso. Is there a reason besides the angle to the camera?

Marc

Yamaha48

Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:04 pm

Hello Jay.

Verry nice playing.

Thanks for your video.

Greetz Anton

BigBear

Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:04 pm

Great job Jay!! Your left hand position is much better in this song. Maybe Dust in the Wind was just the exception. Great job maintaining the bass pattern with your thumb!!

Cheers! :cheer:

terrynewton

Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:49 pm

Good job here to Jay.

"Dust in the Wind' and "Blackbird" were the first two I learned when I joined TG, but I have never posted them. Because your style of playing is so close to mine, I will be interested in hearing what Neil will have to say.

Be sure that He will be very encouraging and really interested in helping you, as will as all of us, to find ways to better or playing. After all----that's the reason I joined, to be the kind of guitar player I always wanted to be but never had the right teacher or vehicle to help with the job. It takes a lot of practice on our part, but if we stick to it, we can only improve.

This TG Forum is great and the input we get from the more advanced players is wonderful.

Anyway----I enjoyed your first three videos and know there will be many more. Keep up the good work.

Terry B)

goldleaf

Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:48 pm

Jay, really nice version of BB. You really have those chord changes down and your picking is also great. I am looking forward to playing BB close to what you did even if it takes me months. It was one of my goals when I signed on to TG but I keep getting distracted with new songs. Watching you gives me new motivation. Thanks for the vid. Gary

nemastetaylor

Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:36 pm

Yeahhhhhh, that was great. I can't say anything that I think is wrong. I think is was excellent. Good hard work and a great job.

Chasplaya

Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:06 am

Nice job Jay, same query as Marc (lavallee) unusual guitar position pulled back to your right, looks uncomfortable to me, doesn't appear to effect your playing an awful lot though.

Good on ya mate.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic