"Classical Gas" by terrynewton

terrynewton

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:50 am

Thanks for all the encouraging comments. It makes me want to work even harder. I look forward to more being posted.

Terry B)

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:14 am

By jove I think he's got it. I agree the only thing really wrong was being dazzled by the white watch on your wrist as it moved at such blinding speed lol.

Great job Terry, you know where your going..

Good on ya mate!

RicksPick

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:29 am

Well Terry

I Hope there's not a competition for best guitar face
You Got that one so far dude.
:laugh:

Well played though

RicksPick

AndyT

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:47 am

You guys are killing me. I was working on some videos of my own, but after seeing how good you all are especially after you say how bad you are, it just makes me look at my stuff and think, 'Well trash these and practice for another year or twelve...'

mark

Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:34 am

great job.
I've started work on this so I know how much effort you have put in.

I find the hardest parts the picking over the A form bar chords. It's hard to do them anywhere near clean. You seem to have them covered.

RicksPick

Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:55 am

C'mon Andy

You go to do it man
Getting it down on video is so hard and
Not as smooth as we would be normally but it can only get easier
So come on Andy jump in the water isn't that cold :ohmy:

RicksPick

Yamaha48

Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:12 am

Hello Terry.

A big hand for you,this is not an easy part .
This level is upstairs me,i hope you no what i meen.
Hold your strings in tune.

Greetz Anton

terrynewton

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:27 pm

AndyT wrote:
You guys are killing me. I was working on some videos of my own, but after seeing how good you all are especially after you say how bad you are, it just makes me look at my stuff and think, 'Well trash these and practice for another year or twelve...'
Andy,

You have to believe me when I say that all of you guys and gals here on TG are the reason I put so much time into practicing. From all the comments, I see how much you love to play and that is the key!!

I really never had a reason, at least in my mind, to pick up the guitar again and really try. I had no friends who played, and the one friend I did have moved 30 years ago. I know from experience over the years that the first thing "I" wanted to do was to compare myself with the next guy and say I will never play like that, but I realized after joining TG that my satisfaction for playing has change. I have been able to focus again and say to myself, that I have improved with each day of practice. And receiving your input, good or bad, is what helps.

From my standpoint I am really looking forward to seeing everybody post a video, because I know how hard it is to play in front of people and I know this will help me through that. Everyone here on TG is what makes this work!! No one is "BETTER" then someone else, just at at different levels of achievements. We get back only what we put into it. I'm sure you put your heart into it-----and you will get back satisfaction in return and respect for the effort.

When I first made contact with TG and learned that Neil started playing at the same age I did,-------- I sat for the longest time staring at the computer screen thinking what level of playing would I be now "IF I WOULD HAVE STUCK WITH IT". But I didn't, and that does make me feel sad inside. I then realized that I lost 30 years that I will never get back. But that was then and this is now. I made an agreement with myself that I will "Do" rather that say I play the guitar.

I know in my heart that if it wasn't for Neil and "ALL" of you (the TG family)-------I would not be writing this but still staring at my computer screen wishing I could really play like Neil. I know that will never happen, I don't have the years left and ---- the fingers are getting a little stiff. Time is not on my side. So I say to all, that hearing from you will be exciting to me because it will help me know you better, and appreciate what we all have in common----a love for the guitar and the music "WE" play.

Here is a great song by Tommy Emmanuel - "Since we Met": I send to all in the TG family.

Terry B)

suziko

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Terry,

Again, I wish I could give you some constructive criticism, but all I can say is "Wow." Totally inspiring. I also loved your wink at the end!

Also, just want to echo your sentiments concerning the TG family. I've tried harder, practiced longer and played better since I joined TG. And I think I'm getting the nerve up to post a video (once I figure out how the heck to do it). It will be nowhere near as good as yours, but I'm ok with that. I play better now than I did a year ago, and I know that if I keep up with my practicing, i'll be even better a year from now.

terrynewton

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:53 pm

suziko wrote:
Terry,

Again, I wish I could give you some constructive criticism, but all I can say is "Wow." Totally inspiring. I also loved your wink at the end!

Also, just want to echo your sentiments concerning the TG family. I've tried harder, practiced longer and played better since I joined TG. And I think I'm getting the nerve up to post a video (once I figure out how the heck to do it). It will be nowhere near as good as yours, but I'm ok with that. I play better now than I did a year ago, and I know that if I keep up with my practicing, i'll be even better a year from now.
That's the way to go Suziko!!

Those in Binghamton would be proud of you, as I am.
It is a trick to post if you have never done it before, but the instructions given does make it simple and I know your young mind will grasp it with no problem.

When my Son, (31) who lives in South Ozone Park, NY saw that I had posted to You-tube, he couldn't believe I figured it out. He was more amazed that his old man could do that! Kids now-a-day. Give me some credit.. I'm not in a nursing home yet. Ha Ha. He's a great Son, love him.

Thanks again for the encouragement and I will look forward to seeing and hearing your love for the guitar expressed in your video. Can't wait---don't take to long now.

Terry B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic