Is There Anybody Out There

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:27 am

Good job Jay. Tell me how the heck to you get a ten year old to stand still long enough to balance a cam on their head LOL!

AcousticAl

Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:18 am

Nice work, Jay. I'm thinking of trying this one after seeing your video.

Also nice camerawork from your 10 yr old! Budding videographer/photographer perhaps?

jayswett

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:15 am

BRBbrb wrote:
Sounds good Jay; just love finger-picking songs & you made it flow. Is that an Alvarez? Is your son learning too?
Yes, it is an Alvarez, and I love it. Having said that, when I can get some cash together, and don't feel the overwhelming need to stick that cash in a college account, I'd like to get a Taylor. That's probably a few years away, though. As for my kids learning guitar, not yet, but I'm hoping that as they see Dad learning a muscial instrument, perhaps that will stimulate some interest. We'll see.

jayswett

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:25 am

lmc831 wrote:
Jay,

I am working on that piece of music myself.
Lisa
I noted in your profile that you play a classical guitar. I happen to think that this particular song sounds great on a classical guitar. I look forward to hearing it.

jayswett

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:27 am

By the way, can anyone tell me what this "karma" thing is all about?

Robhug12

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:51 am

Well done Jay! What's next!

BRBbrb

Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:16 am

jayswett wrote:
I've been around 6 mths. & I still don't get the karma thing!

BRBbrb

Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:20 am

jayswett wrote:
BRBbrb wrote:
Sounds good Jay; just love finger-picking songs & you made it flow. Is that an Alvarez? Is your son learning too?
Yes, it is an Alvarez, and I love it. Having said that, when I can get some cash together, and don't feel the overwhelming need to stick that cash in a college account, I'd like to get a Taylor. That's probably a few years away, though. As for my kids learning guitar, not yet, but I'm hoping that as they see Dad learning a muscial instrument, perhaps that will stimulate some interest. We'll see.
Nice; that was my first guitar many moons ago. Sold it when I was 20, wish I had it now. Mine had mother-of-pearl, bird fret markings! As for kids playing; I have 2 in hs orchestra that I have forced to continue w/ alot of resistance. I know someday they will be greatful or hateful? :dry:

Music Junkie

Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:37 am

jayswett wrote:
Nothing other than a way for us to say "Way To Go"! There is also a thumbs down side, but I don't use it! So, for you taking the time to place another clip up, Thumbs up to you!!!!!!!

MJ

:laugh:

mark

Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:44 am

Hi Jay

Good job. I like the ending you put in.

I have a couple of points.
Try and bring out the bass a little bit more. The melody of this song is the bass line and should really ring out above everything else.

The high notes at the end of the second bit should be played as sixths. See Neil's lesson to get the notes.

Hope this helps

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic