Windy and Warm

heyjoe

Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:57 am

Hi Mark

I wish I had a fingerstyle background, its what I want to be able to play more than anything else on the guitar, I'll get there in the end, and will learn lots on the way there.

Thanks

Joe

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:01 am

I was curious about the guitar too Mark... but I wasn't expecting it to be a Welsh Moondog Ninja! That has got to be collectable! ;)

BigBear

Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:07 am

Mark- that was truly outstanding! You are very skilled at fingerstyle and especially keeping the bass note steady. Wow, I wasn't expecting anything like that.

I just started working on this song and I have a very long way to go. You are an inspiration! Thanks for the performance!!

Cheers!! :cheer:

heyjoe

Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:08 am

You have officially inspired me to try picking this one up. With my "songs I'm trying to learn" plate already overflowing, I don't know whether to curse you or thank you. ;)

Very nice post, you sound great.

willem

Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:16 am

Thanks Mark, nice isn't when you can play a whole song through,i have a question, i see that your elbow not rest on your guitarbody how do you that and are you comfort with it.

greetings

jayswett

Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:32 am

It's taken me three weeks to get half way through the Landslide solo, so by my calculations, it will take me a decade or so to get through that beautiful song. Well done.

BigBear

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:05 pm

jayswett wrote:
It's taken me three weeks to get half way through the Landslide solo, so by my calculations, it will take me a decade or so to get through that beautiful song. Well done.

ROFL! Good one! :silly:

mark

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:46 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I was curious about the guitar too Mark... but I wasn't expecting it to be a Welsh Moondog Ninja! That has got to be collectable! ;)
:lol:
Maybe we should have made that the next target competition. Guess what the guitar is.
That competition could have been running for a long time.

mark

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:49 am

fjvdb wrote:
You have officially inspired me to try picking this one up.
Thanks for that.
I think that is another reason why these student videos are so good.
The first version of classical gas that was posted inspired me to start learning it.

mark

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:59 am

willem wrote:
i see that your elbow not rest on your guitarbody how do you that and are you comfort with it.
I think my right hand arm is resting on the guitar body about half way between the wrist and elbow.
I've never really though about it. It feels natural to me.

It's in a slightly different position for this song than normal, because I am doing some right hand palm muting of the bass strings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic