Windy and Warm

jayswett

Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:26 pm

BigBear,
I'm guessing that you aren't much of a "hacker". You seem to know waaaaay to much about anything and everything guitar related for that moniker to be appropriate.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:36 pm

Just revisited this posting Mark, it really is by far the best performance anyone of us students has put up to date. Really like listening to it. Really good job!

BigBear

Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:37 pm

jayswett wrote:
BigBear,
I'm guessing that you aren't much of a "hacker". You seem to know waaaaay to much about anything and everything guitar related for that moniker to be appropriate.

Jay- It's like a lot of things, I'm a pretty quick study so I get the principles pretty easy but applying them is the challenge. For example, I've taught a lot of people how to play golf, with good basics, and probably everyone of them is a better golfer than I am. Same for guitar.

When I get my hand back into shape I'll post a video and show you that I'm not much of guitarist but I still love it! Thanks for the kind comment! :cheer:

AndyT

Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:28 pm

That video is the essence of dedication. You had to work on that. Its obvious that you put in the time and effort to get right. Excellent job.

michelew

Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:46 pm

Mark,

I've watched your videos yesterday and really enjoying them. You're a talented man. I hope to be as good as you some day.

Karma to you - I love your work.

Michele

Chasplaya

Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:01 pm

Can't believe this has been up for over a month and i've missed viewing it. Awesome job mate, got lucky !! Jeez I wish I could get that lucky!

Definitely Karma to you. Best i've seen yet from a TG'er.

Really Good on ya mate!

suziko

Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:08 am

Mark,

Wow, really nicely done! That's the first time I've heard that song, and I love it. I'm awed with your fingerstyle technique. And, like so many others have said, that's a long song to play through w/o any noticeable flubs. Great job! I just gave Marc a Karma point, but I'll pay you one in 6 hours :) Suzi

****edited later**** okay- I paid up your karma! Again, great job!

dekotaj

Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:29 am

Windy and Warm,Great job on it!!

Hey Mark.Great song.This song is the one I was looking to learn almost a year ago when I joined Target.Got on the site and got side tracked.Hows it going still kicking it around?

Kevin

mcfingers

Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:53 am

I don't think I can add anything more to what's already been said. It was really a pleasure listing to your good work. As Bear said you kept the rhythm perfectly and I really enjoyed your little improvisations.
Well done,
Steve

goldleaf

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:41 pm

Not sure why I am just getting around to hearing your vid of Windy and Warm but I have to give you the IMHO award of making, the best video of any of the students I have heard yet. I'll leave out the ones that incorporate singing as that is another skill altogether. I run out of breath listening through that whole song waiting for some kind of major mistake and it doesn't happen. Great performance. Gary

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic