'Nights in White Satin' with melody

karl01

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:15 pm

Good Job Al.

Do you have a good tab for Patience all the ones I have are for 3 guitars and I can only play one at a time ?

Karl

AcousticAl

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:25 pm

karl01 wrote:
Good Job Al.

Do you have a good tab for Patience all the ones I have are for 3 guitars and I can only play one at a time ?

Karl
I do. Check your pm's.

jayswett

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:32 pm

Loved the video. Hard to believe that was only a day's worth of work. It takes me at least two weeks of near constant attention to one particular song to get it to a point where I don't feel like too much of an ass posting it as a video. You are right though, that the more you do, the easier it gets. Learning a new song, that is. Well done, and I can't wait to see more from you, and the others as well.

AcousticAl

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:42 pm

jayswett wrote:
Loved the video. Hard to believe that was only a day's worth of work. It takes me at least two weeks of near constant attention to one particular song to get it to a point where I don't feel like too much of an ass posting it as a video. You are right though, that the more you do, the easier it gets. Learning a new song, that is. Well done, and I can't wait to see more from you, and the others as well.
Thanks for your comments, Jay.

Don't get me wrong- I'm no guitar genius. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I had been working on 'Patience' which has similar chords and finger placements. I probably should have waited a bit until I got this one smoother- but I was pumped about getting the melody myself without tab.

wrench

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:46 pm

Al,

Thanks for posting.

That wasn't perfect. But for one day's work, it was pretty darn good. I'll be looking forward to the follow up vid.

I noticed the guitar didn't seem real secure on your leg, and perhaps you were chasing the neck a little with your left hand. Other than that, another TG masterpiece in the making.

Post more. I love watching TG vids.

wrench

AcousticAl

Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:09 pm

wrench wrote:
Al,

Thanks for posting.

That wasn't perfect. But for one day's work, it was pretty darn good. I'll be looking forward to the follow up vid.

I noticed the guitar didn't seem real secure on your leg, and perhaps you were chasing the neck a little with your left hand. Other than that, another TG masterpiece in the making.

Post more. I love watching TG vids.

wrench

Good point about guitar placement, wrench. I'm still getting used to the cutaway of my fender. I find my yamaha F310 sits better (more secure) on my leg.

Re. getting it perfect- I've said this elsewhere, but I don't think people should wait until they think it's perfect. First of all, it will never be perfect. There's always ways to improve, things to add etc. I look at this as almost a video diary that I'm hoping I'll be able to refer back to and see a noticeable improvement over time. I'll come back and post the same songs again after I feel I've improved.

jayswett

Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:39 pm

I agree completely with your last paragraph. There's no sense in waiting until one's rendition of a song is perfect if one is looking for constructive criticism. The idea is to maintain continued progress. The videos definitely help with that.

wrench

Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:10 pm

Al and Jay,

I am totally in agreement that perfect videos have less value here than the imperfect ones. This is TG, not MTV.

I wish all TG'ers could see the value in sharing their imperfections. I really like watching everybody's vids, and I dare say it provides stronger motivation to improve than trying to go it alone.

wrench

AndyT

Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:33 pm

I met a guitar player on the plane to Maui today. I told him he should sign up here. When he does, I want a free month Matt. LOL

Chris, 'Knights in White Satin'. I think that is a Monty Python sketch.

Al, how did you play the melody along with the chords? Yes, my eyes are working, but sometimes its not easy to figure out. Did you strum with melody notes added or did you pick out the notes between strums?

RicksPick

Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:14 am

Nicely done Al

What an inspiration to us all
I'm sure Neil will be impressed too
Kama for you m8

Wish I could post some video, but when my camera came back off holiday
with the in laws it was broke, dam.:angry:

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic