Who'll Stop the Rain

suziko

Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:13 pm

Thanks, again, to everyone for their excellent suggestions. Neil, thank you for taking the time to post a response video to my video. It's funny, I was working so hard on hitting those notes correctly, when really I just needed to loosen up a bit. :) I will also work more on how I'm holding my pick, and experiment with how the grip changes the sound. I'll go back and watch the short video you mentioned on how to hold the pick.

Lavallee

Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:32 pm

Hey Suzi great video, you play much better than how you describe your playing. One thing I noticed, as I was watching Neil commenting, is your guitar position. If you go in the middle of his discussion you will noticed his guitar angle relative to his body compare to your starting image. You will see that he holds his fretboard at about a 30 degree angle while yours is quite horizontal.

To play the guitar horizontal requires very long arms especially to make bar chords closer to the nut. Neil is a tall fellow and has longer arms than you and still he holds his fret board higher. If you lift the guitar fretboard you will find that it will be much easier to make bar chords because your thumb will be in the same axis as your arm, without bending your wrist, producing more strenght with less effort. Just to experiment raise the fret board very high and make a bar chord then lower it lower than how you hold it now. The top should be much easier and much more difficult when it is way lower. Then find the ideal angle for you to maximize the strenght for sound bar chords

Marc

terrynewton

Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:35 am

Suzi--That was great. I really can't add to what has already been said except keep up the hard work. Neil had some good points for you and all of us. That's the point of posting. Making yourself better day by day. The first video is the hardest one to do. But now that you have broken the ice, you can move forward in your mind and playing and share with us your progress. Good job! B)

BRBbrb

Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:47 pm

Yeah Suzi :laugh: You kept the beat - that's the hard part in my opinion & you used a pick! Know what you mean about doing all the verses. Keep it up & you'll be beating me to the Stairway to Heaven :woohoo:

nemastetaylor

Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:58 pm

Hey, it sounded good. I like that you were able to pick out those notes for the melody. That can be hard to do. good job.

Nemaste

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic