Brain Damage

terrynewton

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:00 pm

Jay -- nice job. Smooth and clear. As you practice more and lock in your motor skills on this piece you should find that you will start to adjust your finger pressure and movements to eliminate the string noises that can be eliminated. I find it almost impossible to get rid of ALL string noise. But some will disappear as you get better because you will make those mental adjustments that will translate to your finger without really even thinking about. But it will talk a little time and practice. You will be surprise how the mind with clean things up only after the motor skills are learned. At least that is what I have found to be the case with me. Keep up the good work. B)

Chasplaya

Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:12 am

Hi Jay,]

Good JOb tell your boy i've given him some Karma LOl. Tips I agree with Chris who also agreed with the other Chris (the Swiss one) tempo is a bit fast. I'd work on that one first then look at the other points made.

regards

Chas

jayswett

Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:49 am

Thanks again for taking the time to give me your thoughts on this vid. The string noise is definitely annoying and particularly so with Blackbird. I will work on that. Tempo is an issue yet again, and perhaps I should be alarmed that as I was recording that video, I was thinking to myself "This seems really slow, so I must be doing OK". I've been puttering around with Dear Prudence, and if I can make some progress with it, I will record a vid with the metronome.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic