House of the Rising Sun

AndyT

Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:29 am

It is 'E A D' if I am not mistaken.

jayswett

Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:42 am

I prefer Tovo's version over both Leadbelly and Snead O'connor.

willem

Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:33 pm

jayswett wrote:
ME TO!!! and i tryed to be incentive..

tovo

Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:36 pm

jayswett wrote:
Jay, Sinead O'Connor and I have the same haircut...that's where the comparison ends! :)

terrynewton

Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:42 pm

Hey buddy--Great Job. I've been waiting for you first video and you did good. Don't worry about the pinky. If you look at my two videos and take a close look at my pinky on my left hand, you will see that it will not bend at the small joint by the nail. Broke it when I was 5 at school and all the nurse did was put a finger splint on it and it healed with a little curve and no motion at the joint. I manage to make it work. So do you. Good Job. B)

tovo

Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:46 pm

Hey thanks Terry, I appreciate your comments. Yeah as I said the pinkie sticking up just looks a bit weird but doesn't affect too much. I guess it's unique! Sounds like our injury is similar.

RicksPick

Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Hey tovo

Great Video

Getting so much from it, thank you

RicksPick

terrynewton

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:29 pm

tovo wrote:
Hey thanks Terry, I appreciate your comments. Yeah as I said the pinkie sticking up just looks a bit weird but doesn't affect too much. I guess it's unique! Sounds like our injury is similar.
Well---I can't say I broke it playing football like you. But --- I was brave as I ran to my teacher and told her that little Johnny rolled over my finger with the "ROCKING HORSE" before I could move it out of the way, and he was my best friend. My football days were done before they started. I tell you tovo, I hurt that little finger over the next 30 years more times then I could count, because it would not bend and get out of the way when catching footballs, baseballs, basketball, etc. I'm so glad it let me at least play the guitar without hurting. B)

BigBear

Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:22 pm

Willem- Leadbelly didn't write House of the Rising Sun. The original author is unknown and the first recording of it was in 1933. There have been literally thousands of covers of this song, none more famous than The Animals version in 1964.

Regardless, it is a great song and a requirement for all guitarists!

Cheers! :cheer:

tovo

Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:50 pm

RicksPick wrote:
Hey tovo

Great Video

Getting so much from it, thank you

RicksPick
Thank YOU Rick for commenting. Appreciate it and if you can learn from my mistakes so much the better, that's the beauty of these videos. I have learned heaps from watching the uploaded videos and in a couple of stand-out cases been so very impressed which is also great as it shows the value of the site as a tool for learning.

Cheers mate.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic