House of the Rising Sun

reiver

Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:54 am

willem wrote:
i found the MAN it was ''leadbelly''

and god what is that key??

Nice job tovo. You will adapt your playing style to compensate for your little finger. I lost the end of my first finger right hand as a child, and I play (try to at least) fingerstyle. It would be harder if we sustained an injury then had to try to adapt. You probably don't even think about it (it's the only LH pinky finger you've got), I know that I don't.

I have often found when trying to learn a new piece that I get stuck at the same section over and over - repeating the same mistake. As I continue to practice I feel as if I am learning the mistake rather than the correction. If you leave this section your brain can kind of 'reset', and you'll find it easier the next day. Would be interested to hear if others have encountered this.

I applaud the courage of all those who have posted a video, whatever their level of expertise, and will not give any criticisms, positive or otherwise, until I have summoned up the courage (and bought a camcorder) to do so myself and therefore allow them the ability to strike back!

As long as we keep on enjoying it, we'll keep on getting better. Thanks for posting. I have utilised my new found skill of karma-ing.

r

Willem

Try Fm. That makes the chords Fm, G#, Bb, Db - Fm, G#, C........etc

You can just about play along with these chords, or capo the 8th fret and play along as normal.

r

reiver

Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:57 am

reiver wrote:
willem wrote:
I have utilised my new found skill of karma-ing
They blocked it. I'm over my limit for the day. I'll get back to you with that karma!

r

AcousticAl

Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:00 am

reiver wrote:
reiver wrote:
willem wrote:
I have utilised my new found skill of karma-ing
They blocked it. I'm over my limit for the day. I'll get back to you with that karma!

r

Gotta use the karma sparingly. It's really potent stuff!

:dry:

tovo

Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:17 pm

Don't worry Reiver...I "karma-ed" you instead. Have no idea what might happen now...if I get a bunch of Scots roll up in Kilts on my front door armed with some Glenmorangie then I will REALLY be a believer!

Yes I know..off topic! (But at least I know and hey...it's my thread!)

Chasplaya

Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:03 pm

tovo wrote:
Don't worry Reiver...I "karma-ed" you instead. Have no idea what might happen now...if I get a bunch of Scots roll up in Kilts on my front door armed with some Glenmorangie then I will REALLY be a believer!

Yes I know..off topic! (But at least I know and hey...it's my thread!)
The Scots are here,

reiver

Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:34 pm

Did it! The karma police looked away and I swooped. Now where did I put that Glenmorangie......

r

willem

Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:37 pm

reiver wrote:
Did it! The karma police looked away and I swooped. Now where did I put that Glenmorangie......

r
One for you then, but keep carefull and go to your inbox its overloaded!@!!

reiver

Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:43 pm

willem wrote:
reiver wrote:

r
One for you then, but keep carefull
Thank you Willem. How is the playing along with Leadbelly going. A few barre chords in there!

r

michelew

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:30 pm

Great job Tovo! A big thumbs up. You've got more guts than me. You're also playing it better than me. I'm still inconsistent at the partial F, sometimes it's clear and sometimes it thuds.
Michele

tovo

Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:31 pm

Hey thanks Michele appreciate your kind comments. I intend to post a follow up at some point and (hopefully) show some improvement. Getting that 1st video up is the biggest step I believe, no doubt it is a bit nerve wracking but very valuable for some confidence and also feedback from more experienced players, and there are some very helpful people here. I first picked up the guitar only recently so I can attest to the value of this site and on-line instruction generally.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic