Cold as Gold by neverfoundthetime

jayswett

Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:13 pm

suziko wrote:
Chris,

I love the new version!! Slowed down slightly = magically delicious :)
I agree. As much as I liked the original version, the revised version is even better. You must know a fair amount about music theory to have come up with that song. I think I'll add "writing a song" to my list of long term goals.

AndyT

Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:06 pm

That was top notch Chris! Exceptionally well done! Now I know I need to give up guitar and buy some CDs instead! LOL

The picking that you think is uneven, is a bit, but it also gives the song quite a bit of flavor. Sounds great!

Chasplaya

Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:53 pm

Well done me hearty! Sounds cool. As for solo or riff I think maybe some noodling around an Am pentatonic first and second position might be where to go. I did that and came up with something sounded ok but typical couldn't quite get it again lol, need to write these things down as I go...

tovo

Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:55 am

Chris that's the stuff mate! Absolutely an improvement in my humble opinion. I like your voice very much and it all seems more polished with a slower tempo. I reckon the only improvement will be when you know it all well enough to look at the camera/audience more but that is really nitpicking. Mate I can't praise you enough. The effort in itself is sensational but the fact that it's so GOOD is a real bonus.

Cheers,

Tony

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:02 am

Many thanks for the encouragement guys and girls. "Magically delicious" is not something I ever thought I hear about my own song, thank you Suzi! Chas we just have to get together and jam sometime... could use your solos. Andy, no CD's for you now you've started your own recording career, keep it going my friend! Thanks Tony and reiver, much appreciated. Jay: I know nothing at all about theory and I didn't think the song up based on any structure, just played around looking for a sound that could progress and added the lyrics live as it happened. There is more than one way to skin a cat, this was mine. To anyone out there who is thinking about posting: just do it, it will help you and you'll actually enjoy it!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic