Cold as Gold by neverfoundthetime

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:45 pm

It's one small step for a man......

Can't believe I'm doing this: posting a self composed song. But I thought Neil (foolishly) suggested the idea at the last TG Live. If he didn't then, what the heck, it's here now. My daughter is the only one to have heard it before and she put me up to it (that's my excuse!). Well, I managed to stuff up a few times and it takes me a while to get into it and I even forgot to do the intro (same as the outtro) for some reason. I can't really tell if it works or not. It's simple but I find it not so easy to keep going and keep smooth. Maybe you have some (helpful) suggestions. Be kind! Anyway it is fun to make things up, even if I'm not quite sure what I'm doing... it's like doodling on the guitar for me.

mcfingers

Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:06 pm

Chris,
I was tapping my toe while listening. I Liked it, I think it would be even better played a little slower. I appreciate what it took to put yourself out there with something as personal as your own original composition. My hats off to you and well done.

Cheers,
Steve

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:12 pm

Thanks Steve. I'm not sure if a little smoother might sort it out better as it shouldn't be too much slower. But although it's simple, it isn't easy to keep going smoothly. (You have the lyrics btw!):-)

haoli25

Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:25 pm

Fantastic Chris!!!! I really liked it!

Bill Image

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:28 pm

Hey Bill, thanks! That makes 2: you and my daughter :-).

suziko

Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:35 pm

Wow, first of all, congratulations for being the first one to do this! Secondly, it sounded really nice! I would love to see the lyrics written out- surely you could post them up for us? I'm impressed! Some day, me too!

Lavallee

Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:38 pm

Hey Chris , that is very good.The finger picking melody is nice and voice is always good. Thanks for posting and keep'em coming.

Marc

BigBear

Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:08 pm

Chris- you are full of surprises!! A great song! Kinda reminded me of Ralph McTell. Are you a fan of his? I really am.

Sehr gut getan!! Ausgehtszeichnet!

Thanks for sharing!! Cheers! :cheer:

cosmicmechanic

Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:32 pm

I enjoyed your song, it's the just right for warming up on a cold and damp October night after a day's work. Mind you, I'd have been just as happy to hear it on a bright summer afternoon while on vacation!

I'd be curious to know if your lyrics came over a short or longer period of time? A few versions or many?

Well done!

wrench

Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:33 pm

Chris,

Suggestions? Yeah, I have a suggestion. Make some more!

That was great. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting, and raising the bar for us.

wrench

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic