Cold as Gold by neverfoundthetime

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:29 pm

Why thank you kindly Suzi. Now don't mention Autumn... I have one about that too......

RicksPick

Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:54 pm

Wow Chris

Strength to strength

Very impressed

RicksPick

suziko

Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:43 pm

You should post your autumn song- my favorite season! Incidentally, I was doing my crossword puzzle today and thought of you when I read the hint "squash handfull" (answer- racquet). Thanks for helping me to fill that one in! :)

cabro

Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:24 pm

Chris, nice work. You are a very enjoyable performer. I have a suggestion for you if you don't mind. Your lyrics are a little crowded, a bit rushed. During the body of the verse, instead of running the lyric lines one after the other, if you laid out a bar or two between lines or every other line, it wouldn't seem so rushed. I also believe a slower tempo would help as previously suggested. I guess I'm going to have to put something up now so you guys can have a go at me.

One more thing. Where do you keep the club? I mean the one to keep the boys away from your adorable daughter.

Chris

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:23 am

Thanks Chris, I'll try that out and see what happens, thanks! You certainly have to get one of your trucking songs up soon (it is trucks you drive?)! We'll look forward to that. No clubs just a flamethrower!

AndyT

Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:17 am

Wow. That was fan-tab-ulous! It makes me feel so unworthy with just getting my strumming right on a couple of songs! Now I have to practice enough to write something! LOL

Awesome job my friend. I agree with Chas. Karma to you.

cabro

Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:10 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
You certainly have to get one of your trucking songs up soon (it is trucks you drive?)! We'll look forward to that.
Chris, I do indeed drive a truck but have no trucking songs. I'd say in the pantheon of (American) country music, the truck driving song has been well explored and I've no desire to flog that particular dead horse. I'm more of a rock and roller. I have several songs I'm entertaining right now but am having a bit of trouble with the logistics.

C

heyjoe

Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:54 am

Well done that man

When I first heard you singing the lyrics, for some reason I thought of Geoff Tate from Queensryche singing "silent lucidity". To my ears you sound similar, and thats a good thing.

I don't have the skills to sing and play at the same time, so, how do you manage that?

well done

Joe

p.s how do you swiss tune a guitar?:P

Rod

Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:39 am

If your looking for a few ideas to try with your song maybe take a look at some of the structures of songs in the target program. Maybe try some kind of light strum pattern while your singing and use the finger style when your not. Take a look at
Neil Young's The Needle And The Damage Done for instance. I really like your song you should experiment a bit with your guitar backing to give your listeners some more dynamics and something different to hold their attention. Keep it up I hope i get the nerve to post one of mine some day.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:08 pm

Many thanks Andy, I'm blushing ;-). Thanks Rick! Thanks Joe ... we tune our guitars with Alp horns of course! ;-) You did notice the capo on 3? I've always used the guitar as an excuse to sing, singing was always my focus before TG, so I guess I just got it sorted... you'll manage that no problem, just takes the same kind of practice as separating right hand / left hand.
Chris and Chas, really constructive feedback that I can work on, many thanks. Rod, ditto for you too, nice to hear from you. Hope you, Chris and Chas get a song in soon!! Look forward to that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic