Cold as Gold by neverfoundthetime

BRBbrb

Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:22 am

Suggestion: nice Nike shirt; but may I suggest one of those frilly, flare-sleeved, velvet jackets like the Moody Blues wore? Adds a bit of romance ;) Image

jim56

Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:28 am

Chris, You got TAB for that? :-)

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:54 am

No TAb.... but maybe I should learn to do that for future reference! :)
..and yeah, I really need one of Justin's 1970 frilly shirts for my next vid Barb!

willem

Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:56 am

Chris, you got soul,you can swim against the tide,i don't hear a oneven picking,the lyricks are coming more out know and i look forwards to build out more(maybe a riff/lick)if you do that,otherwise to a new one, i'm very interesting in making own songs and how they
come into existances in lyrics and music..cheeeeeeeese.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:03 am

Thanks willem, thumbs upstairs for you too when you make a song. Just play around casually and see if something turns up sound wise... add lyrics latter. Paul McCartney had the tune to Yesterday down a long time before he formed the words. He just used scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs until he got the lyrics.

willem

Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:12 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Thanks willem, thumbs upstairs for you too when you make a song. Just play around casually and see if something turns up sound wise... add lyrics latter. Paul McCartney had the tune to Yesterday down a long time before he formed the words. He just used scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs until he got the lyrics.
Oke, but i have some words(but on this moment not enough) and a picking that i like,sometimes i tryed a strumming (on the same song) and that's diffrent,when you write is a picking easer in case of the syllables. we shall see!!

cabro

Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:41 pm

Excellent Chris. With the slower tempo, the breaks aren't necessary. The flow of the song is much smoother without the rush and the lyrics shine. Well done and karma to you for accepting criticism, one of the hardest things for a songwriter to do.

C

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:08 pm

Thank you Chris.... one lesson I have learned is to listen to others, so I thank you for your very constructive comments. That's what I like about TG, people mean well and there is a wealth of knowledge to be garnered for those open to it.

reiver

Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:55 pm

Very nice with the changes. Thought the darker shirt helped a lot! :laugh:

Seriously though, as the previous poster said, well done for taking on the previous advice. It is important to be able to do so, provided that you still feel that the song is the one that you wanted to write.

Look forward to the next one(s)...

r

suziko

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:36 pm

Chris,

I love the new version!! Slowed down slightly = magically delicious :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic