Cold as Gold by neverfoundthetime

AcousticAl

Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:17 pm

Very nicely done, Chris. Really enjoyed it.

Once again jealous of your voice.

Al

jayswett

Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:24 pm

That should be a Target Song! Loved it.

terrynewton

Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:51 pm

Chris--that was really nice. Doing your own song takes a bit of courage because more is involved then just the guitar, you have to have the lyrics to go with it. The next, even harder thing to do, is singing to your audience. Maybe singing to someone behind the camera so we can get the emotions you fill in the song and we can see it in you face. That is always tough--singing to an audience. Good Job!! B)

Chasplaya

Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:49 am

Hey BUddy You've got some nerve!! Lol Brilliant , needs a riff or a solo you know that thing that compliments what you done to date. This deserves a Karma point coming your way.

Good on ya mate!!!

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:26 am

Wow! Thanks guys (and girls!). I wasn't expecting such a positive reaction, many thanks! Suzi, I will post the lyrics for you. Cosmic: It all came together sitting doodling away one afternoon on holiday on a the island of Crete. All done same day. Must be the air! Thanks Bear, wrench, Terry, Jay, and Chas, I'm glad I can still surprise you. Chas: Solo, hmmmmmm, that's something I can't really do yet will work on the idea. I hope this has paved the way for some other secret composers out there, we know you are there...

tovo

Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:26 am

What a ripper Chris! I'm SO impressed with you mate, I agree with Bear it reminds me of Ralph McTell also. Man I really enjoyed it. I thought the title could have been "Against the Tide" but your title is cool as well. (actually it's YOUR song so your title is better :) )

Karma and kudos to you mate. Legendary stuff!

willem

Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:25 am

AHAHAHAHHA,Chris yes i start with a laugh because of your video fade out(what do you think),but now to the song,great man, that wasn't cold as ice it was(is) gold, i like the fingerpicking it sounded in my ears a little bit like a ballalaika or something Irisch, i love to have the lyricks so that i can listen even better, i find it a pity that you are not knowing what you doing in a way,i hope you can explain the picking and what is the meaning or the inspirate behind you song, how did you come to it,or did you menstioned it.greeting and a lot of passionate desire to compose.....

ps. how is your theory???

Music Junkie

Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:18 am

Chris:

Wow! I was blown away. I am very jealous that you were able to compose this. I just don't get that part yet. Not only did you have a nice progression there, but your singing was outstanding as well. You should be very proud and you should also thank your daughter for MAKING you do this......LOL

Two Thumbs pointing skyward my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!

MJ

:silly:

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:12 pm

COLD AS GOLD - by neverfoundthetime

You sell your soul for a fist full of Franks
Money to burn and to put in the banks
But your heart is turning cold
You’re running around, searching the town
Looking for love in the push and shove
But there’s no love to be found
In this town, it’s got no soul
In this town, it’s got no soul
It’s (as) cold as gold

Your days are long your nights are short
You work so hard but you know you’re caught
In a spiral steeling time
And then one day you awake to find
All you need is your peace of mind
With that ‘someone’ by you side
It’s hard to swim against the tide
It’s hard to swim against the tide
For you and I

For those who asked for the lyrics. Bob Dylan never explained his songs and added to the mystique by not doing so. But this one is too transparent. If you've been following the news bank scandals... Zürich is the capital of banking in Switzerland so, there you go.

Cosmic you were asking if all went down in one go. Yes it did but I found I couldn't actually play the picking I imagined at first, so that was there right from the beginning but it took me a long time to get it down half right. The picking, as Willem points out is pure "Irish Ballalaika" :-).

Ralf McTell: Yeah I like him Bear... Streets of London is a classic! Thanks for the complement.

Willem: The inspiration was the fun of picking out a melody and putting some words to it just for fun. I like playing around with sounds starting with A minor for some reason. I even play Nights in White Satin in Am instead of Em.

Many thanks for the kind comments Steve, Bill, Suzi, Marc,Bear, Jay, Cosmic, wrench, MJ, Al, Tony and Chas (hope I mentioned all) ... it's a blast when you get such enthusiastic support from your TG mates! So the ball is in your court(s)!

suziko

Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:23 pm

Thanks for posting the lyrics, Chris. The more I listen to your song, the more I love it! It's so melancholy. Very fitting for autumn in the chilly north!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic