Dear Prudence - Update

tovo

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:42 am

I missed the update as well Jay, so glad I have had the opportunity to see it now. You reckon you are a slow learner, but when you have something down, boy you have it down well. Rock solid as someone said. Very cool.

suziko

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:27 am

Jay,

I'm glad this video got a second life. I have been struggling with Dear Prudence for the past week. The D/C is so hard to get at (and then the transition to the D/B- I keep muting that high F# which really needs to ring out through all the D chords for it to sound right), but seeing you do it so well has given me some hope. It actually CAN be done, and not just by Guitar Gods like Neil.

I don't know if i'll ever play that D progression as solidly as you do in this video, but I'll keep trying!

willem

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:29 am

Jay, the update was great
you got it down now
so you can move to a new one
and looking forward to that thread
also love to hear ya sing
so we all can swing
on the rythumn of your strings.

Warm greetings...

beaker

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:32 pm

Jay, really great job! you are flying!!!

stratman3

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:05 am

Great job, nice and smooth.

Jay in another post,I believe it was you, who said, you never heard the song "Girl" before. Please do yourself a favor and make a point to go out and buy the Rubber Soul Album. Girl is just one of the Great songs on the album. Maybe one of there best albums, if it is all possible to rank their albums.

Once again Great job. B)

wrench

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:26 am

Jay,

I am glad this came back up because it is just awesome! Seriously, I don't know how that could get much better. Somehow I missed the update when you posted it 2 months ago. Jay, your progress is just outstanding. What are you working on now?

Great job. Belated Pizza Points!

Dan

snipe

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:45 am

Jay

Great song and great job!

thanks

Mike

nemastetaylor

Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:22 pm

Jay, that sounded really nice. You are a good fingersytlist. It seems the bar chords are hard for you or perhaps the quick change to them. I am not an expert at them either. You'll get that song down in no time though. Thanks for the listen.

Nemaste

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic