'Babe I'm Gonna Leave You' by AcousticAl

tovo

Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:06 pm

Very cool Al. Thanks for posting the version without effects. I did like the other but was keen to see it without. Great job as usual.

Cheers,

Tony

jayswett

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:10 am

Just watched this again. All you need to do at this point is add the ending, and it will be perfect. Completing this song has been on my list of short term goals.

AcousticAl

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:20 am

jayswett wrote:
Just watched this again. All you need to do at this point is add the ending, and it will be perfect. Completing this song has been on my list of short term goals.
Hi Jay,

I just watched your version again and the parts you do play are pretty solid! You must not be far off of reaching your goal of doing the whole song. Watch out for the bridge- very tough to keep the tempo that you start with.

I got through the whole song in the 1st 'effected' video that I posted. Had to cut the 'uneffected' short because I messed up.

Looking forward to your complete version!

Al

BRBbrb

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:50 am

Cool sound, so that's in post-production? Wonder if Page used any kind of effect?

AcousticAl

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:56 am

BRBbrb wrote:
Cool sound, so that's in post-production? Wonder if Page used any kind of effect?

Hi Barb,

No the audio is not changed in editing. The sound is going out of my elec/acoustic- through a kind of 'effects box' and then straight into my computer.

suziko

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:41 pm

Ok, I lied! I found time today to watch this :)

It sounds really good to me (I kept bouncing my foot to the metronome), though I didn't notice any flubs in the previous version (I'm too much of a newbie). Also, your comment about the guitar strap helping to keep the guitar from moving around makes me think I need to get one sooner rather than later, as I've had that same problem while playing. Plus, you know, I kind of want to rock out on the guitar while standing once in a while :)

nemastetaylor

Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:08 am

Hey Al,
It sounds great!!!!! Hopefully one day I can play it without Capo on 3 cause of my small hand. I loved yours.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic