'Babe I'm Gonna Leave You' by AcousticAl

Chasplaya

Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:54 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
Great idea on the effects Al, and thanks MJ for the Roland MIcro BR link... got to have one of those! Going for 350 Swiss franks here (Dollar:Swiss Frank = 1:1 at the moment) so sounds a bit more expensive over here...
Ouch! Yeah that is a bit pricey. I'll be honest though, it is a ton of fun. If it does not break the bank, you will be happy with it.
RSP in NZ is $379 I am looking at a brand new one on a NZ Auction at $200NZ unless some dipstick bids too early and pushes it up..

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:24 pm

Just found the Micro on EBay for $230 plus postage, sounds more like it.

Music Junkie

Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:50 pm

Now your talking.... Hopefully you guys can snag them up.

RicksPick

Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:59 pm

Hi Al

Just logged in and found this thread
Wow
Going to research some effects soon
That was real cool
But without the effects sounded just as cool
Very well done, sounds sweet.

RicksPick

AcousticAl

Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:06 pm

RicksPick wrote:
Hi Al

Just logged in and found this thread
Wow
Going to research some effects soon
That was real cool
But without the effects sounded just as cool
Very well done, sounds sweet.

RicksPick

Thanks Rick. I wanted to post both versions, as the effected one is very forgiving. Sounds really cool- but you can also get away with a lot more because of the echo effect.

BTW- Chris- 230 pounds sounds too expensive for the micro. That would be over $500 USD for something that costs half that in the US or Canada.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:27 pm

No, (typo!) that's 230 Swiss Franks Al (same as US Dollar)... haven't used pound for about 26 years now... :-)

goldleaf

Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:36 pm

Another great vid Al, You just keep them coming. I hope to do at least one soon but you keep stretching the envelope. Super job. Gary

jayswett

Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:26 pm

Two great vids. I love that song and you do it justice for sure. Very smooth and controlled, unlike my technique which many of you know is too fast. How many beats per minute on your metronome? How idiot-proof is the Micro BR for those of us who are not electronically inclined? It seems very appealing if you can get past the cost.

Music Junkie

Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:31 pm

jayswett wrote:
Two great vids. I love that song and you do it justice for sure. Very smooth and controlled, unlike my technique which many of you know is too fast. How many beats per minute on your metronome? How idiot-proof is the Micro BR for those of us who are not electronically inclined? It seems very appealing if you can get past the cost.
Jayswett:

It is fairly easy to use. You plug your guitar in one end and headphones/mic-line in the other and go to work. There are several effects and can be scrolled through easily. To tweak them is actually very easy as well, but if I tried to explain it, things would just get out of control....lol. You can record different tracks, and mix them as well, or play MP3's to jam along with or learn portions of songs. It allows you to slow down a song by 1% increments without changing the pitchso you can catch those tricky parts too.

:)

AcousticAl

Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:05 pm

jayswett wrote:

Thanks Jay. The micro is set at about 95bpm. I can play the tune faster through most of the song. But I had Neil's advice in my ears about playing only as fast as I can play the hardest part of the song. For me, that's the bridge part- and even at that speed, it was tough to get through.

To add to MJ's description- the micro also lets you choose between any time signatures - 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 6/8, and so on - really anything you need. Also has drum kits but I haven't gotten into that yet.

The cost was a deal for me- as I was looking for both a metronome and an effects box.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic